Chapter one- The adventure

"Sans!" Frisk laughed as she pushed her skeletal friend. "Don't do that!"

He laughed along, shrugging. "Do what? All I did was shove you."

Her crystal blue eyes glimmered with joy as they talked and walked along the woods. "Sans, it's dangerous out here. There could be snakes or scorpions! Any number of dangerous stuff!"

"Yeah well we had lava down there in the Underground so I'm not sure what you're complainin' about, bud." He looked slyly to Frisk as she ran up ahead of him. "Didchya find somethin'?"

Frisk held to a tree and looked a massive bed of little yellow flowers. "Sans, come look!" She motioned him to come and suddenly he was there. "Those flowers are so pretty.."

Sans smiled. "They sure are. I don't seem to recognize them though so you should be-" but he stopped, seeing that she was already walking into the bed. "Careful."

Frisk smiled up at him. "Oh, come on, sans! Don't be such a grump!"

Sans looked at her wearily, "Frisk, I don't think we should do that. You don't know if they could be poisonous or not."

Frisk made a loud groan and flopped onto her back, landing on the flowers. "They're so soft.." She giggled. "Cmon sans!"

"It would be such a shame if you died just four days before your 18th birthday, Frisk." He teased, but this was a serious thought in his mind.

"I'm not going to die, you goof." She smiled. After a moment, she picked a few. "Okay, if I get to keep these, then we won't come back to them."

"Only if you let them wilt, Frisk."

She rolled her eyes. "Fine." Getting up, Frisk picked more and held them tightly. Her striped shirt was almost too small, as she had to keep pulling it down. "Guess this old thing isn't going to be of much use anymore, huh sans?"

He sighed. "Yeah.. It's going to be weird watching you dress so differently now that you're finally an.." He stopped himself. The word would not come out, though he tried to say it.

Frisk looked at him softly. "An adult?"

"Yeah, one of those." He smiled awkwardly and slipped his hands in his jacket. As they began walking home, Sans would offer his jacket to Frisk because of the nipping cold breeze the autumn days brought.

She accepted it, but walked closely by sans. "Sans.. Can I tell you something?" She asked.

The chubby skeleton looked at her. "You can tell me anything, kiddo."

Frisk stopped walking and pulled him close. A large smile crept up her face before she shouted, "LAST ONE HOME IS A ROTTEN SOUL!" She darted off running, laughing as she did.

"Oh come on!" He called out, running at her. "That's no fair! You're on a track team!" He was lagging behind her slightly, but he would "let" her win. Frisk laughed loudly and held tightly to the flowers as she ran, her heart pumping fast as her feet pounded the soft soil. Her hair whipped behind her and sans felt something giving him a pain in his stomach. His little girl.. Frisk.. His princess.. She wasn't a little girl anymore. She wasn't a princess, but now a queen.

"Gotta be a little faster than that, sans!" She teased, mustering all her strength into beating sans. They were now out of the woods and into the busy city. Weaving in and out of crowds of people and cars and streets, Frisk looked around to find Sans. Her heart raced as she stopped for a moment to catch her breath.

"Gotta be a little faster than that, frisk!" Sans blurted as he passed her, smirking. Frisk groaned, running again. Her eyes squinted as she clenched the flowers and was nearing home.