Chapter four- Can you hear me now?

"Sans.." Toriel said, hugging him. "I don't want you to meet the same horrific fate as Frisk.."

Sans sighed. "Don't worry about me, Tori. I'm stronger than her, I can fight it off. I swear I can."

A knock on the door was heard before a nurse came in. "Sans The skeleton? Come with me."

Sans got up and had little balance. As he fell, papyrus caught him. "I will come too, brother." He smiled, helping his brother walk

"Okay, bro.." He smiled softly but it faded quickly. Sans walked with the nurse and she told them that frisk had gotten worse and they found the root of the problem.

"It's the flower that you brought. It feeds from determination and if you touch the plant that comes from the original bed, it will quickly consume your body, growing flowers from your pores and making you into a vegetable."

Sans thought and smiled to himself. "So it's like an inflowerenza." He was still surprised at how fast the doctors gathered the information. It had been but an hour in the room since he gave them the flowers.

"If you mean the influenza, then yes. This is no joking matter, Sans." The nurse opened the door to where Felicia and Frisk were.

Sans felt sick at seeing frisk tied up to the monitors and wires everywhere, and a large thing sticking into her mouth and down her throat. She breathed at the pace of a machine and flowers were now covering her entire body, only her cheeks showed her pale skin.

"Sans, oh wonderful. I must thank you for giving me the flowers.. But.. I have to know if you touched them with your hands not covered." Felicia said, holding a clipboard.

Sans sighed. "I did. But I didn't have a choice."

Felicia looked down. "How long ago?"

Sans shrugged. "I did touch them when frisk first got them yesterday afternoon." He blinked. "But since I have so little determination it must be why it's working so slow for me.."

Felicia nodded. "I'm afraid I don't have a solution to the illness, but.. I can tell you that, even if it sounds horrible, you have to give up. That's our only hope; is to slow the process down by giving up on everything."

Sans huffed a laugh. "Not too hard for me to do then." He looked to Frisk and noticed Papyrus hadn't said a thing when whole time. He was just watching Frisk. "Pap? You okay?"

Papyrus tried to say something but nothing came out. He was stunned. Ever since sans took frisk to the hospital, he hadn't seen the girl. He didn't expect this, though he thought he expected the worst.

"Hey, papyrus, it's okay.." He said as they sat down. "How about you go back to the room with Toriel? Or maybe back with Undyne and Alphys?"

Papyrus shook his head. "No, brother. I shall stay here with you. The Great Papyrus doesn't leave his friends when they are in danger of death." He smiled at his brother.

Sans sighed and nodded. "Very well." He looked up and papyrus noticed a little yellow flower on the side of his skull.

"What is this?" He asked, tugging at it. Sans turned his head so he couldn't.

"Don't touch it, it hurts." He put his hand over it and closed his eyes. "It's.. A flower." His head felt light as he knew he would meet the same fate. He would die the same painful, horrifying death.

"I-it looks good on you I-I guess.." He tried to stay positive.

Sans stood, but fell into Felicia. "Sorry.." He muttered as she helped him walk over to Frisk's side. There was a clicking noise every time she breathed in and out. There was blood stains on her skin around her eyes as they had tried cutting the flowers out. Sans closed his eyes. He held her hand and leaned on the bed.