NINE

NINEs i m o n

NINE
s i m o n

The following day, Dallas does not show up to school and, although no one said anything, everyone knew. Her presence was recognisable and easily missed when it was gone because Dallas always knew what to say. She was the type of person who never ran out of tricks.

The way she carried herself was amazing. Dallas excelled in radiating confidence, every step she took another burst of self-esteem flew from her and bounced off everyone she encountered.

But, unlike everyone else, Simon worried about Dallas' no show because he was the only other one who knew about their run last night. Maybe she was embarrassed about it and couldn't show her face, but that wasn't Dallas because she never got embarrassed.

Dallas had nerves of steel.

Even so, Simon finds himself looking for her all day. Glancing over his shoulder at every chance, involuntarily hoping she'll be there laughing along with one of her girls.

"Who're you looking for Simon?" JJ asks with a frown. Simon snaps his attention back to his friend, looking away from the doorway once more. "Because if you're looking for Harry, he's with Marnie."

"I'm not looking for anyone," Simon replies, but his eyes flicker to the door once more and, for a moment, he thinks she's here. Violet walks into the hall, chattering away to a girl with hair just like Dallas' when she tied it up. Disappointment was inevitable when the girl turned her head, revealing it wasn't her.

Further down the table, Josh and Ethan look at one another, but don't say a word. They know better than to question it; they'd noticed the restlessness in Simon and they wondered why, but now as he was obviously looking for someone, they'd both reached their conclusions.

Both came to the same conclusion that the cause of this distracted streak was Dallas, but they just didn't know quite what she'd done to affect Simon to this extent in just one day.

-

[NOT EDITED]

this was a short filler chapter, but the next chapter is the final part of part one. after that, part two will begin after some planning is done.

thank you <3