1.2

| not edited |

scenes from movies, books, tv shows, videos, etc. used in this chapter :
; MOST OF YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT THIS STORY IS BASED OFF OF SO PLEASE PLEASE DONT COMMENT IT JUST FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO READ MY STUPID ASS SHIT. THANK YOU GOODNIGHT!

"Connor!" Cheryl gasped at the dinner table, everyone but her and Brandon were laughing at a statement Connor made about his younger brother. It was extremely rare when he made a joke about people in his family but today, he was having a rough day.

Groaning, Brandon rolled his head back. "Stop calling me that! He's been calling me that ever since he saw my facial hair!" Brandon shouted, his fists slamming the table in frustration. All of his friends were beginning to grow hair on their bodies that wasn't on their heads. So when Brandon finally began growing facial hair, he was stoked.

Peter calmed his laughter, remembering feeling how Brandon was to grow hair on his face. He wiped a tear under his eye before sighing deeply from the holding in so many breaths. "Okay, okay. Connor, apologize to your brother."

"I'm sorry but I support animal rights and I think it's wrong to put a monkey in clothes." Connor spoke, his hands going defense as a small smirk drew across his lips.

Right when the words left his mouth, Peter started bursting into laughter once again. His hand hit the table, his body leaning back at the remark his son made. "Connor, you have been cracking me up all night. What's gotten you into this mood?"

"I had a bad day." Connor stated bluntly, shrugging his shoulders as he took a bite of his dinner. Whenever he had a bad day, Connor would basically insult a member in his family to make himself feel better. Which isn't the best way to fix your day but Connor was still trying his hardest to fix himself. The reasoning of his bad day was that he had been stressed over studying a test for the next day.

Everyone nodded in understanding except for Brandon who was pouting because the monkey insult. It may seem like it was acceptable for Connor to insult his brother because he had a bad day, it wasn't. Just the day before, he told his family that he was going to change for the better. For someone who was an asshole to everyone most of their life, they can't suddenly start being a nicer person. It is a process.

Connor had a list of goals and steps on how he was going to change. The first step was to start insulting only one person a day instead of the regular over ten. It was working out. It was hard to keep in rude remarks but he swallowed a small sip of his mean at a time. It may seem like he was making a big deal but when he was the biggest jerk in town, it made the whole town a depressing place because of it. There were a bunch of assholes and if at least one of them decided that being that way wasn't going to get them anywhere is a start to a happy and healthy community.

After dinner, Connor went back into his bedroom to finish studying. The family was quiet so he could concentrate. If you know Connor at all, you would know he would study a whole textbook for a test. He cared about his grades more than the average teenager. So, if he was studying in a loud environment and failed the test he was studying for, it never turned out well.

A small knock on the door startled Connor. Glancing up, Connor noticed Nicola standing there with a plate of cake in one hand while the other one's palm was pressed against the door. Honey blonde hair was covering her shoulders like a blanket, perfectly straightened and shining like the sun on a flower. A string of her tee shirt was dangling from the sleeve as if it was holding on for dear life, swinging swiftly with the soft wind coming from Connor's opened window. Her lips went up to her eyes, white teeth like snow setting out. "Mom made a cake earlier so we could have dessert. It's vanilla. Wanna take a study break?"