1.4

| not edited |

scenes from movies, books, tv shows, videos, etc. used in this chapter ;
; none

Connor sat in a plastic chair that sat in the lunch room, popping open a bag of potato chips. Leaning back, he watched as Lia was walking towards the table to sit next to him. She had a water bottle in her hand while the other was running through her blonde locks.

Groaning, Lia crossed her arms over her chest. The water bottle that was once between her hands rolled onto the table, eventually dropping to the floor. A pout found her lips, her eyes drooping meaning she was upset but also angry. "You know Jc, right?"

"Did something happen?" Connor asked, showing that he knew who Jc was. Lia talked about the boy before but they were just sexually tensioned stories. Seeing Lia this way about a guy was something Connor never thought he would see in a lifetime.

Lia brought his feet to the top of the table, leaning back in her chair. She felt sick to her stomach, steam blaring from her ears. "We had sex last night and now he's fucking bragging to all his friends that he fucked the virgin out of me. He's telling everyone that I wasn't even good."

"Alright, where is he?" Connor snapped, standing up from his chair to find the curly haired boy. Even if he was working on becoming a better person, he wasn't allowing some douche talk shit about his best friend.

Before Connor could start wondering to find Jc, Lia grabbed his upper arm and pulled the boy back into his seat. The blonde girl sighed deeply when he glared. "If you go fight him then more shit will spread that I need a guy to defend my honor. I can do it myself, I just don't know how."

"You could make him jealous and fuck a girl." Connor joked, opening a bag of potato chips. Glancing around the room, he watched as Troye sat next to his pregnant girlfriend. Jealousy crawled into his stomach and he wanted to throw it up. But it was stuck.

Raising an eyebrow with a smirk, Lia leaned off her chair and closer to the table so only Connor could hear her. "That's actually not a bad idea. I could just start telling people that I had sex with some girl and then people will forget about all of what Jc said."

"No, you actually need to have sex with a girl, or just make out with her. Anyone can say they had sex but you need evidence...like hickeys." Connor explained, also leaning forward as if they were developing a devious plan. Lia frowned slightly, an uncomfortable look appearing on her face as she leaned back in her seat. Wrapping her arms around herself, she mentally dropped the subject. "Lia? You okay?"

Lia glanced down at the ground then back at Connor who had a worried expression. The blonde girl ran a hand through her hair, sinking into her seat. "I'm not having sex with a girl, I'm not into girls. I don't care about the rumors anymore."

"Okay..." Connor trailed off, unsure why Lia's mood changed so sudden. He watched his best friend, the way she stared at the ground and how confused, how sad she seemed. "You know you can talk to me about anything, right? No matter what it is, I'm here for you."

The blonde girl brought her head back up, ready to say what was wrong. But suddenly, Jenn came rushing over to their table. Panting loudly from running, Jenn placed herself in the chair in front of the two. "I just discovered...something..."

"Hey, did you find anything about Jack Maynard?" Connor asked her, ignoring what she had said before. He had been thinking about the boy ever since he saw him, Connor wanted to know everything about Jack.

Jenn groaned, annoyed that her friends weren't immediately intrigued with her news. "Yeah. He came here from London with his older brother, Conor, with one 'n'. The reason Conor moved was because he is a singer and is making his newest album here. Jack wanted to come. They're living with close friends aka Josh Pieter's family. They will only be here until Conor's album is finished which usually takes a year. He used to be a fuckboy back in London but now he wants to change."