Chapter 15

We were on our way to Sonya's house, sitting on the back seat of my jaguar F-PACE. It was a sports SUV, powered by a V6 engine, caesium blue in colour and with Sliding Panoramic sun roof. It was a gift from my father on my birthday and I couldn't thank him enough for it. The irony was I couldn't drive.
"This is a very beautiful drive Khushi". Kanan said
"I know it is" I said with a big smile. Glad that he liked it. Of course he would've liked it, everyone does.
"Why do u need a driver for this car. I think you should be driving on your own" he said
"Yes I should be, but.."
He raised one eyebrow at me, the 'but what' eyebrow.
"But I cannot drive" words barely leaving my mouth as I was conscience-stricken.
And he guffawed and said "I'd love to teach you, only if u don't Mind"
"Only if you have a strong heart" I said winking at him
"Why would u say that?" He asked in curiosity.
"Because I sacred my driving teacher to death with my excellent skills" I said and we both laughed in chorus.
Soon into the drive I forgot about everything else and could only think about us nearing her house.
And I didn't have to think about it anymore because we were here already.
And I was awestruck with her huge mansion. It was nothing less than a castle. Bigger than my house and Armaan's house. It was vintage and Modern at the same time. It had a huge cobblestone driveway leading to the main door. The house hAd four pillars, one at each corner.
In centre was a dome, standing tall and high. The house was a 3 storey building. In front, between the main door and the cobblestone driveway was a huge fountain. The driveway took split near the fountain, circling it and coming together in front.
At the entrance on the left was a huge garden, decorated for the marriage. Pink and white lilies all over the place. The Mandap was in centre of the garden. Elegant and sophisticated with pink and white curtains matching the lilies. In the centre was a crystal chandelier. The four corners of the mandap had 4 golden colour pillars, complementing the pink and white. Even though the insides of the mandap were still empty it looked like the perfect place to tie a knot in. There was hustle bustle all over the place yet the only thing I could see was the mandap.
Sonya was a lucky bride. She had everything I ever wished for. My guy, the shadi joda, the perfect mandap, my entire world.

Kanan broke my thought bubble by clicking his fingers once in front of me.
"Let's go in, shall we" I nodded a yes but I'm sure he saw how my eyes said no "don't worry Khushi, you'll be alright"
I faked a smile and we got down from the car.
We were welcomed my Mr. and Mrs. Kapoor, Sonya's parents.
As we entered the house, it was even Prettier in the inside and it was decorated for the wedding. Emotions rushed inside me as I knew soon what was mine would be gone forever.
"Uumm, where would be the washroom" I said.
I couldn't cry here in front of everyone. And yes I asked for the washroom the moment I entered. I'm pretty sure Kanan's lips curled out forcing not to laugh too hard.
Mrs Kapoor pointed towards a door and said "that door will lead you to the hallway. Third room on the right is Sonya's." Whhaatttttt. I thought to myself. She cannot just send me to her room. This is ridiculous. I faked a smile."thank you" I gave Kanan a glance only to find out he was already looking at me and just walked as fast as I could.
As I entered the hallway I made sure I wasn't going to see Sonya anytime soon. So instead of going to her room I chose 3rd door from the left. The room was big. With shades of blue and white. Damn this house keeps on getting better. I went to the washroom and as soon as I shut the door behind me tears started to roll down my Eyes.
"No, you are strong, you can do this, just breathe" I told myself looking in the mirror. Washing my face with water I was about to leave when I heard someone on the outside.
I kept my ear on the door trying to hear the conversation just like an intruder.
"She is here with your joda for marriage" I heard Mrs kapoors voice. She was obviously talking to Sonya.
"Mom how can you even send her to my room without asking me" are they talking about me I thought to myself, unsure.
"Sonya" she shouted "be friends with her. She's a doctor I heard. If she finds out the truth it's be lethal for both of us" A doctor, they are obviously talking about me. Why does Mrs Kapoor want Sonya to fake friendship with me. I hate her too an extent where faking a friendship is also a big NO.
"How would she even find out mom that this is not Armaan's child." Wwhhaatttttt I whispered loudly. Only loud enough for me to hear though. My jaw was buried deep into the ground hearing that.
"Every plan has a glitch and I'm sure ours has one too. We have to be very careful before every action." This is a conspiracy. My face going red in anger.
"You should go and sit with the guests for now Mother. I'll go and check in on Khushi. And remember mother, next time do not send anyone to my room esp when like today I wasn't in the room"
"Keep your cool about it Sonya" she said banging the door behind her.
Damn what had I just heard.
Sonya was pregnant but not with Armaans baby and he had no clue about it. I was fuming with anger. They are lying and for what?
And then something else struck my mind and I smiled because now I knew I had another chance to stop this marriage.