Leave it all behind

(Hey guys, I'm ecstatic that you guys like this story! Despite being super busy, I will update as frequently as possible. You have motivated me to work on this by all the love I've received. So thank you!
I want to make this a bit interesting though. Even though it's my story, You are more than welcome to send me suggestions as to what direction you want it to go. You can request specific scenes, interactions, situations, etc..and I'd happily incorporate it into my story without losing the original tone. Smut welcome.
This chapter is a bit short but the next chapter is gonna be a lot better. Enjoy!)

*****

Leyla looked down at the jokers hand gripping her thigh once again. He was driving erratically, through the streets of Gotham with his men following as closely as possible.

They had to pass through town to get to their next destination.

The countryside.

His face was fixed on the road ahead, his free hand absentmindedly gripping Leyla's thigh.

He had to get her out of there

He had to get her out of there. He couldn't risk getting caught because of her and most importantly, he didn't want Leyla to watch him get caught.

It was weakness. And though she weakened him, he would never allow her to witness any other force accomplish it.

Leyla's eyes spotted her parents' small bakery as they turned the corner. It seemed like a blur because of his speed but immediately she felt a pang of guilt.

"My...family," she muttered to herself. Her voice was low and defeated.

"We have to leave them behind." He stated simply.

"But, then they're going to report me as missing. I don't know if you noticed but we just kinda left suddenly, and they're probably worried sick about me." She stated, a hint of attitude in her voice.

Joker let go of her thigh, gripping the steering wheel with both his hands. He was slightly surprised at her outburst.