EXCERPTS

Some excerpts from Miller's Point of View in SOON TO BE SELF-PUBLISHED WGFIL Book.

Excerpt 1

Then, she gave me a chocolate bar. She even explained to me that eating chocolates will help me to lessen stress. I know that fact, but I chose to remain silent and just accepted her offer.

After a little conversation, I couldn't help but ask her, "Why?"

Why do I have to be curious about you? Why do I need to feel this way towards you? Why does it have to be you? Why am I distracted to you? Why I am even bothered to what Arcel did say to you? Those were my questions behind that one word.

Excerpt 2

"Hindi masarap." Iyan ang lumabas sa bibig ko.

"Huh?"

"Mapait. Mas masama ang lasa nito ngayon kumpara sa unang luto mo," sabi ko pa. Oo, pumait bigla sa panlasa ko itong cupcake. And I don't know why. Was it because she mentioned Raiven? Tsk.

Excerpt 3

"Do you still remember when I told you that the next time I will say to you the word saranghae, I already mean it? This time, I really mean it. Saranghae, Van."

The last sentence stroke directly to my heart. It was beating erratically. But, I did my best to act as if I didn't feel anything even though it almost jumps out of my rib cage.

"Okay," was all I replied to her.

Excerpt 4

"You are her reason for staying in this country. And she will stay here just to be with you." Then, she heaved a deep sigh before looking at me straight in the eyes. "Now, give her a reason to go back in L.A."

I clenched my fists under the table. She was asking me to give Erice a reason to leave this country. She was asking me to leave and stay away from her daughter. That's the only way for Erice to go back on her own life in L.A. At iyon lang din ang tanging paraan para magkaayos na silang mag-ina.

Excerpt 5

"You're drunk, Dash. Go home."

I saw pain in her eyes before smiling bitterly. "I envy her. Ilang taon na tayong magkakilala at ilang beses na rin akong nagtapat sayo, pero palagi mo akong tinatanggihan. Pero, siya? Ilang buwan mo pa lang siyang nakikilala, pero iba yung pagtingin at pakikitungo mo sa kanya. Pero, naiinis at nagagalit din ako sa kanya. Dahil hindi niya makita na nasasaktan ka."

I smiled sadly. "She doesn't need to know. Mas madali para saming dalawa kung hindi niya makikita iyon."

Excerpt 6

Rhian told me that she invited Erice to watch our performance earlier, but she refused to come. Of course, there's no way that she would come. And I can't blame her. Kaya naman, idinaan ko na lang sa kanta ang lahat nang gusto kong sabihin sa kanya. I let her go.

"But, she deserved to know that you'll leave the country tonight. Dapat nagpaalam ka pa rin sa kanya, Miller."

I smiled bitterly. "I can't. And I don't want to. Saying goodbye means you don't have any plan to see that person ever again."