Part 8

He continued to stare at me, until he to, started to laugh. We were crazy, we didn't even know why he was laughing. His friend stared at us in amazement.

"Ummmm Lucas, do you know her?"

Lucas stopped laughing, a small smile on his face.
He glanced at me and then looked back at his friend, and nodded.

"ahh, this is Kylie..." Lucas' voice trailed off
His friend stuck out his hand, "hi, I'm Jay."
I glanced at his hand, sighed, and shook it.
"So, when did you learn how to play soccer like that?" Jay questioned.
"I used to play a couple years back." I responded slowly.
"Why'd you stop. You're obviously pretty good." This time it was Lucas.
I shrugged in response, "just coz."

The two guys glanced at each other. Unsure on what to say back to me. I sighed again.
"Well, I gotta go to work, see you later" I said with a slight nod.
They said bye back and I continued on with my jog around the park

******

I reached my apartment, and paused for just a moment outside. Catching my breathe. I couldn't let that happen again. The boys were asking questions. About my past. They can't know. They can't and mustn't get close to me. I breathed harder. Until I could barely breathe at all. Panic attack. I struggled to get air. I leant against the wall, forehead against the bricks. I tried to calm down. I couldn't do it.

Until.

I felt something slip around my waist. A pair of arms. Unfamiliar. But somehow. It calmed me down. I could breathe.

It's LONGER!!! Only just 😂😂😂anyways see u soon