Part 9

“In, and out, in, and out…breathe you can do this” a familiar voice said.
I turned around. My eyes met Jay’s. I looked at him in confusion. He stared right back at me. Like he couldn’t believe it was me.
“You alright Kylie?”
I nodded in response. Then I narrowed my eyes
“How’d you know where I live?” I said accusingly.
“I live here too. I knew I had seen you somewhere, I just couldn’t remember where…” his voice trailed off to cause an awkward silence.
“Well, thanks anyway.”
“Anytime.”

******

I unlocked my apartment door, crawled into my bedroom, and collapsed onto my bed,
and closing my eyes to the much needed rest.

‘knock knock’

That was the sound that woke me up. I groggily stood up. Walking towards the door. I opened it cautiously. Only to be faced with Jay.
“Good morning Kylie!” He shouted.
“Ummmm hi?”
“You’re probably wondering why I’m here…well do you wanna hang out today?”
I thought about it…it might be good...if there's food....ergh screw it.
“Sure I guess…just let me get dressed.”

I ran back to my room, searched or a pair of jeans, and a hoodie, putting them on quickly, chucking my hair up into a pony tail and slipping on some black converses. I was ready. I grabbed my house keys, phone and purse.
Walking behind Jay, I locked the door, and I followed him to a nearby café. Where another common face was already waiting at a table.