Chapter 11

(I do apologise for not updating in several days but I was unable to write due to me being ill. Thank you for being patient and waiting even though I left it on a cliffhanger. I'm sorry.)

Chapter 11

My mouth fell open and I was frozen solid for a few seconds before I could snap my mouth shut and tighten my grip on the tray of freshly baked cupcakes. The tall, slim boy had an amused look in his eye as he strolled from the door, across the room and to the counter in front of me.

My eyes immediately focused on the tray beneath me and I began placing each individual cake into the counter. I couldn’t look at him. I couldn’t. How could it be happening? I remembered Ellice telling him the name of our family bakery and my stomach flipped. This couldn’t be happening. I couldn’t be seeing him again. It was the third time. This wasn’t happening…But it was.

“Hello?” he laughed.

I finished placing the cakes into the counter and slammed the empty tray on the surface next to me. How dare he show up at my family’s shop! After everything that had happened. I had admitted to myself that it was my fault Harry had left the party but overall everything that had happened both times we’d met was because of his drunkenness. I’d realised that when I was thinking to myself on the bench at the pond. I had cleared my head at the pond because I told myself his drunkenness was to blame for everything. I told myself I could get over him. I told myself I wouldn’t be seeing him, ever again. But there he was, standing in front of me.

I allowed my eyes to finally meet his and it felt like all of the air in the room had vanished. I found myself gasping at the sight of him. As soon as I looked at Harry his flawless appearance would wipe my mind of any negative thoughts or feelings I had towards him and I hated it. I absolutely hated the amount of control he had over me.

I dropped my hands to my sides and screwed them both into tight fists. “Harry” I spat.

Harry took a step closer and leaned his arms on top of the counter so his face was level with mine and only inches away. “Someone’s in a bad mood” he playfully teased, another smirk forming on his perfect lips that I’d been so close to touching.

“Why are you here?” I asked, bluntly.

The more pissed off or angry at him I was, the more he seemed amused and entertained. “I wanted something to eat” he smiled and took a of couple steps back to have a look at the counter full of food. I released a huge breath that I didn’t know I was holding and I saw his eyes glance up at me as he let out a gentle laugh under his breath. “What would you recommend?” he asked me. Harry really knew how to mess with people and make them insane. He knew exactly what he was doing to me and how much of an effect he had on me.

“I don’t know” I groaned.

Harry shook his head “Great service you have here.” The smirk hadn’t seemed to leave his lips since the minute he walked through the door. His lips stretched perfectly and looked as though they were glued in place. Harry noticed me staring and immediately took his bottom lip between his teeth and gently bit on his lip ring. My stomach tensed and I gulped. I was getting over Harry not falling back into his trap.

After he felt he’d tortured me enough Harry released his bottom lip and pointed to a cupcake in the counter. “I want that one” he stated.

I looked down to which cake he was pointing at. He wanted one of the red velvet ones I’d made only minutes before. I gently picked one out and placed it into a small box before stretching my hand over the top of the glass counter so he could take it. Harry took hold of the box and his enormous hands allowed his fingers to gently stroke mine before I quickly shoved my hand back down to my side.

“Red velvet is my favourite” he smiled; a friendly smile and I couldn’t help let one appear over my lips.

“There mine too” I replied.

His smile gently faded and his eyes scanned mine as though he was searching for something inside of me. After a brief moment the smile was back on his lips and he looked happy. This is the kind of Harry that made it so hard for me to forget about him, along with the fact he kept appearing in my life suddenly, out of nowhere. If only I’d met Harry when he wasn’t drunk. I maybe would have given him a chance and maybe he is genuinely a lovely guy. But I couldn’t risk getting hurt because of someone like him. Harry was all I’d been thinking about for a week and it was driving me crazy. I really couldn’t believe he had shown up at the shop.

“How much is the cake?” Harry asked and I realised I’d been standing quietly in my own thoughts oblivious to my surroundings.

I ran my hand through my hair as I searched for the price and when my eyes met his, he was once again biting down on his bottom lip but this time much harder than before. “That’s £2.25” I replied.

He produced his wallet from the back pocket of his jeans and handed me the money. “Keep the change” he whispered as he nervously shuffled his feet.

The room suddenly became tense. “Thank you” I tried to smile but I couldn’t.

“Scar?” he whispered, almost silent. The way he called me Scar sent shivers down my spine. I loved it and my body automatically became anxious of what he had to say. “Are you still angry with me?” he asked, he sounded like a small child and my heart fluttered. “Because...” he paused. “I’d still like to take you out on a date.”

His eyes were staring deep into mine waiting for my answer and I didn’t know what it would be. I wanted to say yes just like I had the last time but something in my mind stopped me and words left my mouth before I could stop them. I wished I’d stopped them. “I’m not angry but I don’t want to go on a date with you.” I wanted to punch myself in the face immediately and I already regretted my decision. I wanted Harry more than anything ever before. I really did need him and it was sad of me to rely so much on someone I knew nothing about.

Harry slowly nodded and looked to the floor. My heart felt broken. “Are you sure?” he asked, still looking at the ground. His voice was still sad but had a slight anger forming in the background.

I couldn’t bring myself to answer him. I was completely still and as much as I wanted to scream that I wanted to be with him my lips stayed tightly sealed.

Harry didn’t even look at me as he turned his body and walked towards the door. He stopped when his hand touched the handle and I saw his knuckle whiten as he tightened his grip. “I’m not giving up” he groaned as he swung the door open and forcefully slammed it behind him.