Chapter Four: Timelines

(Dr. Alphys POV)

Frisk was about to hit the reset button, but there was a flash of white light and everyone stopped what they were doing. We all looked at the white light and saw two people fall in the sallow water. I looked at Sans and his eye had a bright blue flame in it ready for a fight.

"Don't attack!" We heard Undyne's voice; we were all shocked to find Undyne holding a clone of her. How could that be possible? I ran to her as I hugged her. 'Alphys, you look different" I released her and she had a lab coat on and glasses, but one of the leans were popped out because of her eyepatch. She wasn't as muscular as she was, but she still had muscles. She was a little sorter too.

"U-U-Undyne you're w-w-wearing an l-l-lab coat.' I looked at the other Undyne and I knew that was my Undyne because of her body. She must be the real one and this one must be from another timeline. Her body was creaking like it did before, but they were healing but very slowly. 'U-U-UNDYNE...!" The other Undyne got up and laid our Undyne down. She looked scared as she curled into a ball. Seeing her like this made my heart break as I ran to her side.

"Alphys...'I heard her say as I got beside her and held her close to my body as I cried a little bit. She was back; she was actually back, but how? 'Is... that you... the real... you...?" Her voice was weak and creaking as she cried into my embrace.

"Y-Y-Yes it's m-m-me, I- I- I thought we l-l-lost you." I said as tears formed into my eyes as well and I just couldn't let her go. I kissed her forehead as she cried and shook in my arms. She was so scared. I looked up and saw I guess Dr. Undyne looking confused and scared with her spears out.

"Whoa there, whoever you are that looks like our friend. We are the good guys here and I know you're scared to the bone, but just calm down." Sans had to say a pun and everybody rolled their eyes including me. I saw her tease a little when she heard Sans's voice, but she didn't drop her guard. 'What that was funny." He smiled, but now wasn't the time for err... puns.

"My name is Undyne, but I am the royal scientist of my timeline I guess.' Dr. Undyne said not lower her spears. 'Where am I? I know I'm in Waterfall. Everything looks the same, but at the same time not because there is a human." Everybody looked at Frisk and she just got behind Sans scared.

"If you hurt Frisk I swear you'll be in for a bad time." Sans threaten as his eye glowed blue again. Sans was ready to fight, but Dr. Undyne has already put her spears away and she was looking at Sans like a ghost.

"Dr. U-U-Undyne that is F-F-Frisk, she's our f-f-friend. There is no r-r-reason to fight h-h-her. She's a g-g-good human and s-s-she saved us." She looked at me and I saw her look away as she sat on the ground and said nothing else, she must be so confused and so are we.

Alphys, she's the one who saved me, I was almost dust before she heard me...' Undyne said with a weak smile as I helped her up on her feet. Most of her weight was on me, but I could hold her. 'Can you take me to her please?' She asked and we walked to Dr. Undyne and she sat beside her. 'You haven't told your Alphys how you feel have you?" She grinned. So if this is Dr, Undyne the Royal Scientist, then that must mean Alphys in her world was in the Royal Guard.

(Dr. Undyne POV)

"You haven't told your Alphys how you feel, have you?" Undyne asked with a grin on her face. This felt so weird talking to my other self. I blushed as she wrapped her arm over my shoulder and started to laugh. 'Wow, you're just like Alphys. We need your help though Dr. Undyne, because our world is in trouble and if this world is in trouble, all the other worlds are.' I looked at her confused. "This is one thing I haven't told anyone, because I didn't want to relive what I had seen." She looked at everybody else this time.