Chapter Five: Dr. Alphys' Secret/ Dr. Undyne's Stroy

(Dr. Undyne's POV)

As I was looking around the lab, I saw a bathroom and it said out of order. Why would it be out of order if it's in a lab? I opened it, but there was no light switch it was pitch black and once I stepped inside the door shut itself and I was going down. What the Hell?? Then it stopped and I stepped out and it was even darker down here than in there. Was that an elevator?

"Hello... Dr. Alphys!?' I yelled, but there was no response. Where was I? 'Dr. Alphys, you in here?" I said again and I fallowed a hallway that had many turns. This place was creeping me out, and I saw a shadow move and I had my spears out.

What I saw scared me and I attacked it and it whimpered and back away, then others formed around me. They were everywhere, as I was about to attack I heard a small voice.

"P-P-Please don't h-h-hurt them!" I heard Dr. Alphys yelling and I looked at her and she had cuts on her face. She ran to the one I hit and petted it. 'It's alright, I-I-I'll take care of y-y-you. Go into the I-I-Infirmary." She said and the monster walked away, but my spears were still out.

"Dr. Alphys, are you alright? You have cuts all over your face.' I didn't drop my guard. What are these... these things? Did they do that to you?" I said as she was shooing them away.

"T-T-They get angry w-w-when you hurt them... They also were a-a-angry because they are h-h-hungry. I'm a-a-alright though just a f-f-few scratches and maybe a b-b-broken rib or two." She fell over, but I caught her.

"Damn it Alphys, you always get hurt. Come on let's get you back upstairs so we can check you out." I helped her up and was about to take her to the elevator, but she stopped me.

"P-P-Please don't take me b-b-back up... P-P-Please... I don't want anybody t-t-to see me l-l-like this, not even U-U-Undyne... I'll take you to the I-I-Infirmary." I didn't let go of Dr. Alphys, she showed me the way until we reached a huge place with beds in it. The thing I attacked was laying down whimpering. I felt so bad now.

"Will it be alright Dr. Alphys? I didn't mean to attack it, it just scared me.' I released her as she went to the thing to check it out. She started to bandage it up and it was good as new and it licked her face.

"Yeah they w-w-will be alright." She fell over again, but the thing helped her as it picked her up with its teeth and laid her on the bed. I walked towards her and the thing growled. I backed away. 'It's fine E-E-Endogeny, she's a friend of m-m-mine. She didn't mean t-t-to attack you." It licked her face and walked away from her as it sat at the end of the bed and laid down. I walked to her.

"Damn,Alphys you might have a broken rib, I'll kill those things.' I said with angerbuilt inside me and Endogeny growled. 'Sorry didn't mean it that way.' She isn'tmy Alphys, but I still care about her. I grabbed my bag I would always carrywhen anyone got hurt. I grabbed her face and started to fix it. 'This may stinga little bit, so bear with me.' I put a little rubbing alcohol and peroxide ona rag as I dabbed it on the scratches. She flinched, but I told her to staystill. Every time I dabbed her face she whimpered. After I doctored her up, I patchedher. 'I need you to lay flat on your back. I need to check your ribs." Shenodded her head as her tail stayed down. I lifted up the lab coat so I couldsee her ribs, I put a little pressure on it and she cried in pain. Thankgoodness it's not broken, just badly bruised. I told her to sit up. 'Your ribis fine just going to be sore for a while. Now what were those things Alphys?"I asked her as she just looked away me. 'Alphys, you can trust me, I promise. Iwon't attack the again." I said as she looked up at me and she looked afraid,but why?

"T-t-they are called Amalgamates, they were my responsibility. I-I-I was trying to help them after they fallen... I was injected them with... Determination, b-b-but I f-f-failed like I always do...' She looked down as I saw a tear going down her cheek. ' I can't e-e-even tell their families about it, because I-I-I'm a failure... I can't even write them back." She said crying and I hugged her. Pour Alhpys, she out herself down.