{1}What's wrong?

On a cold, rainy day in August, the growing spatter of rain on the window of Jack's bedroom woke him from his sleep.

His eyes fluttered open and he squinted at the small amount of dim light peeking through the window.

His hands found their way out of the warmth of his blanket, and he reached up for the sky, stretching his arms while he yawned.

He grabbed the edge of his covers and tossed them to the side, and then stepped into the brisk air and out of his bed. His body felt fairly cold now because he was only wearing boxers.

Jack then walked over to his dresser and pulled open a couple drawers, revealing his clothes, he chose some jeans and his red long sleeve shirt.

With a another yawn, he gently threw his clothes onto his bed and walked to the bathroom. After brushing his teeth, and a quick shower, he emerged and put on the clothes he chose before.

He walked down the hall to his kitchen and turned on the coffee maker which he set up the night before, and pulled out his phone.

After unlocking it, his finger lightly tapped his Twitter app, and he checked his feed.

Felix posted some crap making fun of Patreon users again and Wiishu had very recently posted saying, "It's going to be a hard day, please forgive me for being absent from social media for a while."

Jack felt worried and wondered why his girlfriend would say that, what could be wrong?

His thought was interrupted by a shrill beep from the coffee machine.

He grabbed his mug and sipped it, while opening up his messages to Signe's contact to ask what's wrong, but just then she called him.

The night before Signe had gone to help a friend nearby move into their new house. But by the end of the day she had called and told Jack how tiring moving boxes had been and that she'd be staying over.

The call was startling, but he just clicked the answer button and said, "Hey Signe, I saw what you put on Twitter, what's wrong?"

She blankly replied with, "Sean... I'm coming home earlier than I thought I would, I need to see you."

Jack answered, "sure I'll be waitin-" she cut him off with a sharp breath in and she blurted out, "We need to talk."

Jack's tone changed as he suddenly realized what could be so hard about today.

He hoped his assumption was wrong and flatly said, "Oh. Do you mean like..." "Can we not do this over the phone? I'll be back soon," She told Jack.

She hung up the phone and Jack could feel his heart sinking. "Why would she do this, what did I do wrong??" He said aloud to nobody.

His shaky hands reached for his coffee mug and he sipped it carefully, while a part of him felt as if his world was suddenly being flipped upside down.

//AN// hi, hello there. This story is gonna move what I think is pretty slowly, but I'll upload every day :)