chapter 1

callie pov
i stare down at the positive pregnancy test and just stand there in shock, in my bathroom which i share with my brothers and sister. i can't believe this is happening. i thought we were careful. we used protection. we're not ready to be parents. we're not even legal to be together. i love him. i do. but he's my ... brother. i still hate saying that word towards him. i'm pregnant. with brandon fosters baby. what am i gonna do?? "callie! dinner!" i hear lena calling from downstairs. "i'll be there in a sec" i called. i wiped my eyes dry and splashed some cold water on my face. i shoved the test into my back pocket and headed downstairs. i took a seat next to jude and marianna, across from brandon. "you ok, cal? you seem a little off" lena asked about half way through dinner. "yea. just tired" i gave them a half smile and tried to eat. the smell was making me sick. "will you excuse me?" i ask and run upstairs to the bathroom. i hear someone rush after me but i don't bother to look back. i go to the toilet and hack up everything i've eaten that day. i hear someone come in, lock the door and they tie my hair back. as soon as they started to rub my back, i knew who it was. i knew those hands. i know it was him. i'm still leaned over the toilet, thinking of how awful i must look right now. i finally stop throwing up, lean my head on the toilet, and start quietly crying. he immediately brings my back into his chest and embraces me. "shhhh it's ok. i'm here. you're ok. i'm not going anywhere." brandon comforted me and i honestly didn't care if anyone heard us. i needed him right now. after about 30 minutes of sitting on the floor, i heard his soft voice whisper to me. "how ya feelin?" "like i just hacked up everything in my system." he let out a small laugh then got serious. "cal... i know your pregnant" he states. that caught me off guard. i just found out about 2 hours ago. "how?" i hesitantly ask him. "c'mon callie. you don't think i didn't notice you throwing up every morning in the bathroom? the ridiculous food you've been eating? how your happy one second and the next you don't want anyone near you? i know you, cal." God, i love him. we sit there in silence with me still in his embrace for another 15 minutes before i feel him start to get up. he offers me his hand which i take and he hands me my toothbrush. i smile as a thanks towards him and brush my teeth. he kisses my forehead and i unlock the door. as expected - staff and lena are standing there with a mad explosive expression on their faces. "you two! downstairs now!" steff strongly states and heads down with lena. as i'm about to follow, brandon grabs my hand, kisses my head and whispers "it's going to be ok" and i believe him. we part hands and head downstairs. steff and lena are sitting in the living room with two open seats across from them which we claim. steff looks like she could rip our heads off and lena just looks disappointed. "why the hell would you do this?!" steff immediately yells. "especially you brandon!! you had a future!! you screwed this all up for what? some girl?! you knocked up some trashy foster girl and now you've ruined your life. congrats. you two don't love each other. you can't raise a baby. and if you think you can, you sure as hell aren't doing it in my house!" i sit there in shock. i thought she loved us. i thought that she wanted me and would stick by us through anything. "get out!" she says. as i get up to leave, brandon stands up and grabs my hand. "you're making a huge mistake. i love callie with all my heart. always have. always will. she is the love of my life and this baby is already a part of that love. if you think we are going to come back, after we step out that door, you are sadly mistaken. it's one thing when you talk crap to me. but when you talk crap to my girl and about my child, that's where i draw the line. goodbye steff. have a nice life." he states and we go upstairs. we go into his bedroom and he immediately pulls me into his arms and i just cry. "i'm so so sorry cal." "no its ok. she deserved that. i just can't believe she would say those things. i thought she loved me" i cried.
brandon's pov
"shhh it's ok. why don't you go pack some things and we'll be on our way?" i kiss her head and watch her leave to her bedroom and start packing a bag. i pack some clothes, everyday things, and i grab my keyboard and callie's guitar. we meet in the hallway and i lead the way down to the front door. steff and lena are still down there. lena still hasn't said anything yet. probably won't. we walk straight past them and i hold the door for callie. i slam it shut and we head to my car. we settle in, i grab her hand and i'm about to leave the driveway when she kisses me out of nowhere. "i love you brandon." i smile and kiss her hand softly. "i love you too cal" i smile at her once again and we head to the cheapest motel i can find for the night. we find one for $90 per night which isn't bad at all for free breakfast also. we settle in and lay down in the bed. i pull callie into my arms, kiss her head and pull her close as i can. "we'll be ok, B. don't worry." she says to me. i kiss her gently and we fall asleep wrapped in each other's arms, with no idea for what the near future holds.