Chapter 2 : Deans POV

This takes place just after Sam rescues Dean from the Djinn in Season 2 Episode 20 : "What Is And What Should Never Be"

They're sitting in their motel room.

*************************************************************************************

The blood loss and fighting off the Djinn drained me. Its venom still stung my veins. But everything I had seen in that dream was so real. I wanted it to be. So badly, for me and Sam. I felt weak and dehydrated and I couldn't concentrate on staying awake. I refused hospital attention, I didn't need all that drama, I just wanted to throw myself on my bed.

I picked up a magazine and flipped threw it, I stopped at a page and almost flipped out. I saw Carmen, in a bikini, holding an ice cold beer.

"OK, uh, thank you so much for the update. OK, bye." I heard Sam say into the phone. I looked up from the magazine and looked at my mammoth of a brother. His brown hair went in all directions, his green eyes were exhausted and stressed.

No matter how many times I try to convince myself that I saved Sam when I pulled him out of the fire in his dorm room and save his life, I couldn't help but think that if I never went to ask Sam for his help last year, maybe Jessica would still be alive and he would be nerding out at Stanford.

"That was the hospital. Girl's been stabilized. Good chance she's gonna pull through." He sighed, looking relieved.

"That's good." I said, returning my attention back to the magazine. I stared at Carmen's picture, thinking about the hallucination I had from the Djinn venom. How different our lives would've been if that Demon never came into our lives.

"Yeah. How 'bout you? You all right?" asked Sam. He pried too much, he was annoying when it came to things like this, always wanting to share his feelings, asking me a thousand times over and over again.

I cleared my throat of the retort I had and simply answered, "Yeah, I'm alright." I sighed. I closed my eyes and let out a small laugh of disbelief.

"You should have seen it, Sam. Fuck. Our lives. You were such a pussy." I chuckled. Sam was. He couldn't even defend himself when he tried to attack me.

"So we didn't get along then, huh?" He asked.

"Nah." I shook my head.

"Yeah... I thought it was supposed to, to be this perfect fantasy." He said.

I laughed, "It wasn't. it was just a wish. I wished for Mom to live. That Mom never died. We never went hunting and you and me just never... uh, you know."

"Yeah. Well, I'm glad we do. And I'm glad – "

A phone started ringing, cutting off whatever Sam wanted to say. I looked at him and told him to answer it.

"It's not mine." He said.

We looked at each other.

"Dad!" we both gasped. We emptied out all our bags, looking for the ringing phone.

"I got it!" yelled Sam. He put it on loud speaker.

The caller I.D was unknown.

"Hello, John?" said a rough, aged voice on the other line.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"It's Gavin Shaw, I'm looking for John Winchester."

"Gavin, it's Sam and Dean. Johns not with us anymore." I said into the phone. Gavin Shaw was on of the men who helped my Dad become a Hunter after our Mom was killed. He always worked cases with him