Chapter 18

"Do you remember what the plant looks like Raven? Please find some, there might be a few in those bushes over there." Flower instructed Raven. Bobtail sat in silence as he watched Flower, her expression showed that she was stressed. Raven had nodded to Flower and disappeared out of the clearing as Flower tended to Lizzy's wounds. All Bobtail could think to do was stay silent, he couldn't help but think about what he had done to Flower's mother. What have I done?

A couple moments has passed and the night was still strong, Raven had returned with the herbs for Lizzy. They both kept silent and didn't talk to Bobtail, he tried to say something to Flower but she silenced him with a swish of her tail. 

"I am so tired, I can barely keep my eyes open," Flower breathed out, her posture was slowly breaking with her weariness. 

"Why don't you go inside? Me and Bobtail can watch Lizzy with careful eyes," Raven reassured Flower, he brushed his tail across her spine.

"Thank you, Raven," Flower purred and brushed herself against him. Flower had went inside her twoleg home, Flower had told them her twolegs had went away for a while. But she said they come back when it gets colder so she wasn't worried that they had abandoned her.

Raven walked up to Bobtail and sat a couple tail lengths away from him but Raven was hesitant to speak. Why does he hesitate? He should know I didn't mean to, but I guess he has every right to think not. He doesn't know the dream I had...

Bobtail watched Lizzy breathing softly, her eyes were closed. He could still see her ears moving slowly, she was awake, and probably listening to him and Raven. Bobtail saw Lizzy's eyes in his mind, her green gaze hit him like a stone. She was looking at me so weirdly, but was there warmness in them? I have known Flower for a while and it seems strange to me why I haven't met this she-cat.

Bobtail broke out of his thoughts and decided to speak, "Why have I not met her before?"

Raven's ear perked up and he shuffled his paws, "Well... Bobtail..."

Bobtail turned his head towards Raven and stared at him questionably.

"It's hard to explain, maybe there has to be some explanation and i'm sure Flower knows the reason more than I do," Raven met Bobtail's eyes and his eyes were glossed with sadness.

Bobtail's heart ached a little, a mixture of longing and sadness.

"Raven, i'm so sorry for doing this," Bobtail was trying hard not to let his voice shake, "I didn't mean for this to happen, it was all a misunderstanding." Bobtail looked forward sharply to Lizzy and took a deep breath, as Bobtail turned around he had noticed she had her eyes open, watching him. When his eyes met hers, she quickly closed them. Bobtail's eyes were still set on the dark sand colored cat.(Bobtail questioned why she looks at him like that and remembers when she stared at him when they were taking her here)

Raven only nodded then a couple heartbeats later, he spoke. "Bobtail?"

Bobtail turned his head back to his old friend and meowed, "Yeah?"

"You know that... that other cat. That was being attacked by Lizzy?" Raven asked quietly  "Bobtail, I saw him leave, I watched him leave."

Bobtail had no idea what Raven was trying to explain, "Did you catch who that cat was?"

"I shouldn't have watched him go, it was the worst decision ever. It felt like the air was weighing me down, I couldn't move my paws." Raven explained and his meow was almost in a wail.

"Go on..." Bobtail persisted Raven.

"It was Butch... you're father," Raven's meow lowered to a medium whisper and he bent his head down.