When I'm Broken... (1)

Onika
••••

Bronx pouted, "Daddy the food is taking too long to cool down and I'm tired of waiting. I remember I tried to wait for you one day at my dance, but you never came".

Hearing those words honestly hurt my heart, my daughter was only four years old and she was forced to go through poor situations due to the actions of her father.

"I'm sorry baby, daddy will be at every dance from now on".

She sighed, "It's okay, Faree came. Everyone thought he was my daddy, but I told them no. My daddy is taller and he is light-skinned like me".

Interrupting their conversation, I walked over to Aubrey's kitchen table. "Bronx it's bath time baby, let's get ready before mommy leaves".

"Mommy I was talking to daddy, can I take a bath later"? I shook my head, "I said now, you can talk to him when you're finished".

Aubrey sighed, "Just let her eat and i'll make sure she gets in the tub. You're interrupting our time, it ain't like we get that much".

I glared at him, knowing that what he just said was sort of shade. "And what is that suppose to mean Aubrey? She needs to listen to what I say, when I say it. The food is too hot right now and a bath will be quick".

He rolled his eyes, "You ain't saying shit important, you can leave with the bullshit".

"Don't talk to me around my daughter like that, whatever you got to say can be said in private".

He turned towards her, "Bronx go in my room, daddy will bring you your food". She stood right up, running towards his room.

As soon as he heard the noise of cartoons from his room, he began with one of his tantrums.

"I got a lot to fucking say, I hate that I ever met you bitch. Do you know what you took away from, and you're giving it to another nigga? You got that nigga Safaree at her recitals, playing daddy and shit? I come home to this lonely ass house, and it was suppose to be filled with happiness".

He walked closer towards me, stepping nearly face to face. "That little girl is the only thing that keeps me fighting, and I can't let you keep taking her away from me. I can't let you bring other niggas around her Onika, it ain't gone fly with me".

"Aubrey you had the chance to be a fucking father, and you didn't. You chose those bitches over me, so deal with the consequences. Be a fucking man, and realize you've done this shit to yourself. I've moved on to someone who appreciates me. I've been waiting on you since I was twelve years old, and I'm twenty six now. I GIVE UP AUBREY"!

I shook my head, stepping away to grab my purse. "I knew it was a bad idea coming here, but I didn't think you would act like a fucking coward".