Chapter Five; Siblings Reveled and Befriending Malfoys

June had had enough of the whispers and the teachers giving her questioning looks. One evening after Harry had managed to sneak into the Gryffindor common room undetected by Lockhart since the boy was trying to avoid him, June took the opportunity to talk to him. To see what he knew or for them to find out together.

"Harry," she said, gaining the boy's attention.

"Oh, hey, June," he smiled, and joined her on the couch.

"You weren't there for the Sorting, so you don't know my surname, do you?" she asked, watching the fire dance instead of looking at him.

"It's Granger, isn't it?"

"No. It's Potter," June then paused, waiting for him to say something, but he didn't so she continued, "and because it's Potter, people have been whispering behind my back, even teachers have been looking at me strangely," June informed him. "Only McGonagall treats me normally."

"Potter?" The name had finally registered in his mind.

"Yeah, the case could be as simple as, our surnames don't have any correlation..." June then thought back to the start-of-term banquet. The way Albus Dumbledore had looked at her, knowingly with a twinkle in his eyes behind his haft-moon glasses. Her thought also drifted to Hagrid at the banquet, how his eyes had never left her. "But, the way Dumbledore had watched me during the feast, leaves me questioning if that's the case."

Harry then turned abruptly towards her. "Do you think we're related?"

"I don't know," June said her voice slightly breaking, "I never knew my parents, I don't know if I had siblings. I don't know if I have family out there." Her eyes never leaving the fire, the dancing flames were to only thing keeping her calm.

"How is your name Potter?" Harry asked stupidly, trying to process the conversation.

"I was adopted, Harry."

Harry made a silent "oooh". The two sat in silence for a few moments, watching the fire dance peacefully. Until Harry spoke.

"According to you, Dumbledore knows something," Harry stated.

"So?" June asked, "He's the headmaster, why would he be bothered by us possibly being family or not."

"We could at least try," Harry insisted.

The two again sat in silence again watching the fire. Soon, June started to fell tried, but she didn't want to move. Harry's presents just soothed her and she didn't want to leave with the conversation without it being finished. But she didn't want to end the conversation.

"We'll try," June said finally, looking over at him.

"Okay,"

The two went up to their dorms. June almost didn't bother changing into her pyjamas but had talked herself into it. The other girls had made friends, with each other, except with Maribelle Malfoy. When she was in the girls' dormitory, she would sit on her bed with her curtains drawn. Marlowe Greenwood and Roxanne Vance had grouped together and had stopped staring at her with curiosity. Ginny would stay up late writing in her diary, but she tried not to keep June or the other girls up with her light and writing, so Ginny would also keep her curtains drawn.

The next day, after classes, Harry and June went to McGonagall's office. She turned to the two, a confused look crossing her face.

"Why aren't you two off to the Hall?" McGonagall asked as she got ready to leave.