Chapter 1

Chapter 1 

I struggle to get out of the cab, my tight black pencil skirt restricts my leg movement and my black pumps make it hard to stand up. I stumble forward, grabbing onto the cab for support, I recompose myself and heave my heavy leather briefcase out with a huff. In front of me stands my workplace, one of the busiest buildings in New York, the Harley Corporation. I look at the thin silver watch on my wrist, 7:50, ten minutes to my bosses meeting. I walk as fast as I can in my pumps, successfully making it to the spinning, glass doors.  

“Hey Flora” Sophie, the receptionist greets me, holding out a coffee labled Bob Harley.

“Thankyou Sophie” I say grabbing the coffee. She smiles in return and I wince at the heat that the coffee emits through the plastic cup.

I walk over to the lifts and press up, its not long until I hear the familiar ding of one of the elevators, I hurry into it clicking the top level, 36. The doors black doors begin to close, out of no where a strong hands Interrupts them and the doors go flying back open.  

In hops a familiar looking man, he wears black raybans on his face covering his eyes. His hair is ruffled in a sexy way, his arms are muscled and his plain black t-shirt grips his figure tightly. I don’t realize I’m starring at his six-pack until a deep husky voice interrupts me.

“Do I know you?” He asks amassment in his voice. I’d know that voice from anywhere, Liam Woods.

”Are you-“ I start but he interrupts me.

“The sexiest man living, yes I am” He says smirking at me. I raise my eyebrow, he’s good looking but arrogance is a turn off. I decide to ignore him, 1. So I don’t embarrass myself in front of the biggest young celebrity at the moment and 2. So I don’t feed his obviously big ego.  

“Too stunned to talk, I get that a lot” His says smirking. 

 “For your information-“ I start but I’m interrupted by the lift violently stopping, the lights black out. I feel myself fly forward.  

“Ahhhhh” I scream in shock. The coffee flies out of my hand and I land on something hard and bumpy, Omygosh, I’m lieing on Liam Woods Chest.  

The lights flicker back on and I look down. Liam's face is inches from mine, my chest on his my legs ungracefully apart. My eye’s widen so much it hurts. 

 Liam chuckles; “If you wanted me you could have just told me” He says smirking. I glare at him and push myself off him. The coffee is spilt all over my open briefcase; the papers are lieing everywhere, mainly smudged.

 I stand up and look down at my outfit, the skirt is ripped up the side, I know my cheeks are beetroot but I ignore them trying to calm down.

“You do realize that the lift hasn’t started up again” Liam says, pulling out a blackberry. He takes off his raybans revealing hi piercing blue eyes

“Can you call someone to come help us?” I ask. His eyebrows furrow, “Nope I can’t get any signal or internet connection”. I sigh in annoyance.

I look to the lift buttons, there’s one with a phone on it. I walk over to the panel and press down on the button, nothing. I press harder, nothing.

“Great I’m stuck in a lift, with Liam freaking woods” I don’t realize that I’d said that outloud until Liam raises an eyebrow at me.

“What’s wrong with that” He asks standing up, he looks hurt.  

“Your full of yourself” I say lamely.  

“What’s wrong with that?” He repeats himself, smirking at my comment.

“You don’t think about others” I say, I realize how much I sound like my mum.