Old Habits

"3, 2, 1" I jumped.
Lucy was at daycare for the day, she started two weeks ago, she has a best friend.
The doors busted open, I looked over, "Pussycat! Daffidoll!" I landed, the local gymnasium was top grade, not like the Gotham University Gymnasium top grade, but good enough.
"Hey there Harley Girl!" Selena set down her over size purse, her freshly cut pixie hair swinging around her ears, her cat eyed sunglasses perched on her nose delicately.
I pulled at the collar of my black and red leotard, I remembered it fitting different, "Nice of ya blokes to come see me!"
"Harley," Ivy set her side bag down and moved a loose piece of hair that escaped from her ponytail. "Bloke isn't the term typically used for friends." Her lips twitched into a smile.
I laughed, "Either way, I'm happy you guys came to visit, did you get my letters?" Glancing at my reflection in the doors I noticed my pigtails were loose, I took a minute to fix them so they were straight.
"Yes cupcake, we did, that's why we're here." Selena patted my cheek and smiled. She had moved her glasses to sit on top of her head, she walked passed me and stood on a balance beam. "It's been years.." She mumbled to her self as she tip toed back and forth on it.
Ivy and I watched her for a moment. "So you really want to get into some old habits?" She tilted her head as she sat on one of the balance beam, directly in Selena's way, waiting for me to reply and pretending to not notice Selena's glare.
I forgot that I hadn't told them about the cards or the call, well maybe I'm crazy, no, well maybe but not about the cards, right?
"Yes, um, now that Lucy is older I have more free time." My little Luc Luc, sweet baby. "Her birthday is in three months."
"We know," Ivy rolled her perfect green eyes. "We're asking why?"
"Oh!" I laughed again. Stop. Don't give any hints. I attempted to straighten up. "I think I'm being stalked." I groaned then smiled. "I just want to keep Lucy and me safe, ya know?"
Selena raised an eye at Ivy, but they finally looked at me after a moment, thankfully. "And why do you want us to help?"
"How can I get back into my old self with out me two besties!" I pulled them into a big hug and planted a kiss on each of their cheeks.
The next three weeks involved late nights and early morning work outs. Between morning work outs, mid days with Lucy, night time works outs and sweat. So much sweat. However, I was back in my favorite colors, black and red. The gals and I would go from the gym to the gymnasium, to farmers markets for the best food, and kicked out all sweets, unfortunately for me.

Ivy was wearing a green pair of leggings with a white tank top, she stopped running and took a sip of water, "Harley, can you pass me the rag?"
I wiped my face on the inside of my loose, over sized red t-shirt, then tossed her the rag. "You're like a water bender, considering the rag is saturated in sweat, get it?" I laughed and slipped off of the bench I was sitting on.
Selena sashayed over wearing a black and purple work out romper. "Got anymore water?"
"Nope just milk!" I laughed and tilted my head towards her, purring, because ya know, she's Catwoman.
Selena rolled her eyes," Harls, you're getting your old charm back." She noted.
"She's right." Ivy threw Selena a bottle of water. "Two more sets then we're heading out." She wiped sweat off her four head and took a deep breath.
"I think we did super progress guys." I gave them a a thumbs up.

Three months later there was a knock on the door, Cat, Pam, Ivy, Dani, who is Lucy's best friend at daycare, and Dani's mom Tiffany, and Ali were standing in my kitchen around Lucy. I glanced up, not remember if I invited anyone else, I gasped, the match burnt my finger. "Evil thing." I mumbled and threw it in the sink.
"Harley," Ali yelled in. "Was that the door that rang or the telley?"
"Door, ya bloke." I laughed, she gave a laugh also, I set down the matches and headed for the door. "I'll be back!"
"Hurry it's an ice cream cake!" Pam yelled, Pam picked up the cake for me, mostly because I was decorating for Lucy's birthday party.
The door bell rang again, "Coming, coming!" I skipped to the door and flung it open. "Aye-O mates, welcome to my-" My voice caught in my throat, the door bell rang again, Jesus.
There was a purple and green bird attached to a stick and a weight, it tiered back and forth, hitting the door bell every other time. Connected to the bird was a small package, about the size of a pack of gum, wrapped in red and black paper.
It rang the door bell again.
"Harley?"
I grabbed the bird.
"Would it be?"
"Why could it be?"
"That doesn't make sense."
"He never did.
"Well he could have."
"Who?"
"You know who, but it's not."
"No worries, right?"
I started laugh "It's not." I said out loud  to myself and snapped the stick the bird was on in half.  My mind was flooded with voices as I broke the contraption with the bird into smaller pieces.
It feels good to be back into shape, a voice in the back of my head whispered, I laughed out loud and nodded. "Yup, Yup, it is."
Kicking the rest of the thing into the bushes next to the steps of the house, I stopped and grabbed the package. Shrugging, I took it inside, shutting the door behind me. It was a packet of Zappers gum, I took a piece out but instead of getting a stick of gum I got shocked, I laughed.
"Harley, who was it?" Ali popped her head out of the kitchen, her medium long, maple colored hair falling over her eyes.
I looked over at her, "The neighbor hood prankster." I laughed, "Want a piece of gum?"