16// Cold hands

C H A N D L E R

I drove as fast as I could down the road, all of a sudden I heard sirens. Great!

I pulled over to the side.

"Excuse me sir do you realise how fast you were driving?" An officer said.

"Very fast, because I just got a call that my girlfriend has been taken to hospital." I said angrily.

"I'm sorry to hear that , I'll let you off this time but I will have to give you a warning. You need to drive at the correct speed now sir." He said firmly.

"Thank you officer."

I arrived at the hospital and ran straight inside to the reception desk.

"Hi I'm here for Katelyn Nacon, I'm her boyfriend." I said in a rush.

"Okay she's just down the corridor, the second room on the left."

"Thank you so much." I said before running off down the corridor.

Room 116

I knocked on the door, A girl opened it.

"Hi, I'm April." She said shaking my hand.

"Hi, how is she doing? What happened?" I asked panicking.

"She's going to be fine she's just had some stitches. We were ice skating and she fell on the ice and cut her leg open, she lost a lot of blood and passed out. She's on the mend." She said smiling.

"Do you think I could have a moment with her please?" I requested.

"Of course."

I walked over to the bed and sat down in the arm chair beside it and held her hand.

She looked so exhausted and pale from all the blood she had lost.

"Kate, I don't know if you can hear me but I'm going to talk anyway. Your so brave Kate, I don't think you know just how strong you are . I'm so sorry for all the times that I've been a jerk and I know I've never said this but I love you so much." I felt tears fall from my eyes, seeing her like this broke my heart . I lent my face on her bed and then lifted it back up and kissed her cold hand.

Just then I felt her fingers curl around my hand. I looked up surprised and smiled, tears spilling out of my eyes, then I saw her eyes start to flicker.

"Chandler?" She said very sounding very sleepy.

"Kate" I said grinning, tears still falling from my eyes.

"Chandler, I love you too. Please don't cry, I'm going to be okay." She said.

She then tried sitting her self up.

"Owwww." She yelped.

"Kate, are you alright?" I said worried.

She ignored me and lifted up her cover and looking at her leg. The cut started midway on her left thigh stopping at her shin. It was a little swollen.

"Oh my goodness Kate. I didn't know your cut was that big. You're so strong baby ." I told her whilst brushing my hand through her hair before kissing her on the head.