[1/?] The Demon Organization

January 7th, 2014
1:30 am
Japan, unknown location

On that day, the night was unusually cold. Colder than usual.

To some people this may have been nothing but a coincidence, but not to the members of the Demon organization, also known as the DO. They had scented the bitterness in the atmosphere as soon as the sun had went down and was replaced by the darkness of the night. The wind was cold and harshly blew through the empty streets of the destroyed prefecture, showing the clear defeat of the humans that have fought against the vampires not too long ago.

The self-proclaimed leader of the DO, a young man with sharp green eyes and chocolate brown hair, lead his squad through the streets. Not too long and they would also return to their headquarters, following shortly after the rest of the organization. As the leader of the elite squad, he had made it their duty to check the streets for any possible survivors, it had become a routine after the world had almost fallen apart roughly two years ago. It was unknown how many they had been able to rescue so far, but the numbers were really not that high. Nothing to be proud of.

Once again it seemed like the vampires had done a horrifyingly fantastic job at wiping out any traces of human life in this prefecture, the metallic smell of blood filled the air and would have probably made the elite squad turn on their heels if they hadn't been used to this. They passed by many corpses, most of them were stabbed through the stomach and had most likely died either directly on the spot or from the heavy blood loss as the consequence.

The green-eyed male at the front merely ran his fingers through his hair as they walked past another fallen squad. It seemed like the Japanese Imperial Demon Army still had a lot to learn if they wanted to take control. The Demon Organization didn't think highly of them and vice versa, the Japanese Imperial Demon Army also wasn't exactly fond of them after a certain incident that had occured about three years ago, shortly before the apocalypse.

Loïc, that was the young man's name, bit back the feeling that they were being watched for the seventh time on that day, all of which had occured during their trip through the prefecture. He strongly assumed that the few survivors that the Japanese Imperial Demon Army had from this mission were already on their way back, but he had still insisted on coming here. It was widely known throughout the Demon Organization and the prefectures they ruled that most members once belonged to the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. Most of them were assumed to be dead by them after not having been found after mission, but it was honestly one of the only ways for them to increase their size.

Ever since the apocalypse, those two organizations had not even bothered to exchange one word. Hell, no one in the JIDA was really sure whether the DO still existed or not, but it was definitely not their business to take care of those traitors.

Loïc was snapped out of his thoughts as he heard a loud yelp in the background.

"Loïc-sama! We found someone!"

As expected, it was Chiko Aikawa, a young woman who was second in command. At least in the elite squad.

The squad leader turned to face her, his emerald eyes piercing through Chiko's figure who was currently still staring at him as if she wanted him to say something. Even though she looked rather fragile, she was capable of carrying people no matter how much they weighed, many people here were still only alive because of her. Loïc was one of them.

Her usual cold grey eyes were now tenderly looking at the figure in her arms, Loïc immediately recognized the uniform and concluded that this was someone from the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. It looked like she had just escaped a very certain death.

As the leader approached Chiko and the unknown person, his eyes casted over to the Cursed Gear on the ground and without thinking for too long, he picked it up to read the engraved words.