[4/?] Betrayal

January 1st, 2020
3:39 pm
Japan, unknown location

One vampire disappeared after another, all of them getting stabbed and sliced apart by the members of the Demon Organization and the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. The thought of these two organizations ever working together was something that everyone had assumed to be impossible until previously and some soldiers still couldn't believe that they were, under Chiko's and your command, betraying their leader's words. Furthermore, they feared the consequences if Loïc were to find out about the unthinkable happening and most importantly, they wondered what would happen to you and the blonde girl. It was a mystery, really.

However, the majority had only agreed to cooperate with the two of you during this mission because they were either once members of the JIDA and had old friends there, or because they were just too scared to go to the opposite wing of the formation. Because they would face death there if they lacked the skills, no doubt about that.

'Nineteen vampires down, one more to go.'

You caught the blade inbetween your fingertips, watching in slight amused as the vampires' face turned into one of shock mixed with anger. But then, the moment was interrupted by Chiko's sword piercing through his body before he then turned into ash. Your superior gave you a small acknowledging grin and merely folded her hands behind her head as she looked at the members of the DO that were now looking at her as if they were expecting something.

Not too far off, a few soldiers of the JIDA were looking at one another in utter disbelief, some of the what you assumed to be lower-ranked ones quietly mumbled to themselves, before they were shut up by their superior.

Letting out a final sigh, you smiled to yourself upon realizing that this part of the mission had indeed turned out to be a victory for the DO, for humanity. And it didn't even matter how small this part of the mission would turn out to be in the end, you had prevented quite a lot of casualties and that was all that mattered to you at the time.

Loïc was nowhere to be seen and that honestly didn't surprise you one bit, he was most likely still in the middle of battle and it didn't seem like he would join you and Chiko anytime soon, which was a good thing in your eyes. There was no way that you would be able to explain yourself and your actions to Loïc, he would surely kill you before you could do so. But maybe, even though it only had a small possibility of happening, he would listen to what you had to say. Actually it wasn't only your life that was in danger, Chiko would be killed as well.

You felt guilty because of your suggestion that had led to all of this, but in all honesty, the only thing that you didn't regret was doing something to help humans. It could have been worse, you and Chiko could have also helped the vampires instead but that would have only worsened the relationship between the DO and the JIDA, which was already rocky enough as it was.

Your (e/c) eyes casted over to the soldiers of the JIDA in a curious manner, but you immediately avoided your gaze as you realized that some of them were already staring at you. Of course they would, the conclusion that they must have known you very well was definitely the most likely one at the time.

'I wonder...'

"ATTENTION!"

The loud screech coming from Chiko on your left made you take a small step back, secretly admiring this girl's voice as she was loud enough to make everyone around turn to her, even the JIDA. She really was an admirable person and the thought of her having to die because she had done the right thing was just something awful. Maybe she hadn't been the one to teach you everything after you had lost your memory, but she was still definitely important to you, because she had found you. She was the reason for your survival and that was something that you just weren't able to ignore.