Chapter 4

We'd been on tour for 2 weeks now and had just arrived in New York. The girls had a day off so we'd planned to go and hang out and go visit some touristy places.

Some of Ally's family had decided to come and visit, so she was going to spend the day with them, so it was just me, Camila, Dinah, Mani and Lauren. We were walking out of one of the museums we'd visited when Lauren, who was giving her voice a rest so wasn't talking, started doing strange hand gestures.

'Girl, can't you just write down what you want or something', Dinah said, not understanding what she was trying to say, 'because this whole hand gesture this really ain't workin' for me'

Lauren just shook her head and started doing the same gestures, just more exaggerated.

'Seriously Lo this really isn't working', Camila stated, making Lauren roll her eyes, but she still continued to do the same actions

'Lo you know we aren't any good at charades, just say it, one word won't hurt', Mani pleaded

'I think she's saying she wants pancakes', I said. Everyone turned to look at me when Lauren started nodding her head frantically and pointing at me

'How did you know that?', Dinah asked me

'She was clearly trying to flip an imaginary pancake, plus its 1:30, so it was obviously going to be something about food', I stated like it was nothing

'I wish I had someone who knew exactly what I was trying to say all the time', Mani whined, 'I know I'd never let them go', she said looking at Lauren, who just ignored her and started walking somewhere to get pancakes.

The other 3 girls looked at me and smiled sympathetically, I smiled back and we walked after Lauren to go get our food.

Once we arrived at the diner, we sat in a booth towards the back and started looking at the menus. Once we decided what we wanted, a waitress came over to our table.

'Hi, what can I get you girls today?', she asked in a happy tone

'Nutella and banana pancakes please', Camila asked

'I'll have pancakes with maple syrup please', said Dinah

'I'll have the same', Mani asked

'I'll have the same as Camila please', I said, pointing to her, 'Nutella and banana'

The waitress then looked to Lauren who opened her mouth to say what she wanted, but then remembered she wasn't meant to be talking. She looked over to me.

'She'll have maple syrup pancakes, with strawberries', I said for her, knowing what she wanted. She smiled at me in thanks and I smiled back.

'Okay, I'll be right back with those for you', the waitress said

'Thank you', we all said as she walked away.

----------

Soon enough, she brought our food over and we ate it all pretty quickly, then got up and paid. As we were leaving, Camila's phone started ringing.

'It's my mom, I'll just be a minute', she said answering the phone, 'Hola mama', she answered as she walked away.

A few minutes later she came back.