Part 8.

Part 8.

"How you dealt with this food for two years is beyond me." I mumbled, scrunching my nose as I played with the potatoes.

"After a while you forget what good food tastes like and this just becomes normal."

"This can't ever be 'normal' because its disgusting."

"Well you got the burrito and potatoes, that is one of the worst selections you can choose, next to the cheeseburgers." Eli said, shoving some pasta in his mouth.

"I guess I should have listened to you when you said dont take the burrito and potatoes" I sighed putting my fork down, and pushing my tray away from me.

"Well I have some serious advice for you, Ivy."

"And what is you advice, Eli?"

"When you get out of here, go staright to some fast food place, thats what i'm going to do." He said, a mouth full of noodles.

"It's a date then," I smiled. He stopped chewing his pasta and looked at me with joy written all over his face.

"It's a date, Ivy Rose."

"We should dress up for it."

"I can go rent a tux and you can get a elegant gown and we'll go to Macca's."

"You'd look weird in a tux," I crinkled my nose, giggling slightly.

"Weird? Not hot or sexy? All I get is weird?"

"Yeah! All you wear is grungy clothes or band t - shirts, I'm just saying you would look weird in one." I shrug looking at his Blink-182 shirt

"Gee thanks, Ivy." Eli scoffed, rolling his eyes playfully. "See if I had started this I would tell you that you would look absolutely breathtaking in an elegant gown." I smiled shyly, pulling my sweater over my hands to quickly cover my face to hide the crimson in my cheeks.

"Stop hiding your face when you blush you dingus, it's cute."

"Did you just call me a dingus?" I giggled into my sleeves pulling my hands down to cover just below my nose.

"Yes," he smiled, putting his fork down. It doesn't matter how many times I see Eli smile, because every time I see him smile I can't help but feel the butterflies go crazy in my stomach. And I don't understand how or why this boy has that much of an effect on me. Everything he does makes me happy. The happiest I've felt in three years. And who knew, who knew it would take some idiotic boy to make me this happy. To make me forget about all of my problems when I'm with him.

"Ivy!" Eli snapped his fingers in my face, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Hm?"

"I said: why don't we get out of here and go to the rec. room, give us something to do?"

"Is there really all that much to do in there?" I ask as he picks up my tray, throwing my food away and placing the tray above the garbage.

"You continue to underestimate me, Ivy Rose. It's kind of insulting." He shook his head, grabbing my hand and intwining our fingers.

"Sorry this place is just so dull and lifeless, it's kind of hard to picture anything being 'fun' here."

"It doesn't matter where you are, it matters who you're with to make things fun," Eli smiled, squeezing our hands.

"I guess you're right."

"I know I'm right," he smirked. I used my free hand to lightly punch his shoulder.