Chapter 5: Dreams of Reality

When I woke up, my Mom was standing over me. "Get up! You're late for school!" she said.

Still in a daze, I managed to get my clothes on and brush my hair. But I couldn't help thinking of my dream. Maybe it was true that Jason hated me. There are plenty of prettier girls than me in school. Especially Kayla.

"The bus is here!" my Mom screeched.

My mind jolted back to reality. I ran downstairs, grabbed my backpack, and dashed after the bus, but it was too late. I saw a blur of yellow disappear behind a corner.

"Umm, Mom....? You're gonna have to drive me." I said. My Mom groaned.

Before we left, I grabbed my sketchbook. This book was my passion. If I was sad, I drew. If I was happy, I drew. If I was dying, I drew. 

I love drawing because you can make anything you want come true, or just play around with it. I dislike math and science, because they are difficult and specific. With drawing, I really could make my dreams come true. 

As I sat in the car on the way to school, I drew. 

I drew Jason. I was afraid that I would get it all wrong, and embarrass myself- nothing could match the real person. But I tried my best.  

And even I was satisfied with it. I sighed at the drawing, looking into the deep eyes I created.

"You're mine, and I'm yours." I said quietly, and kissed the drawing's lips.