Chapter 18

Louis is spending his third hour of the day walking around near the fireplace with Aryan in his arms. The baby loved being warm but fussed tremendously when it came to clothing. Being already a month old, it was difficult not to blame Harry's rustic genes for causing such a dilemma. As a solution to this, Louis let Aryan stay clothed in just his nappy whilst asleep against his mother's shoulder, fine soft skin exposed to the delicate heat of the crackling timber.

Harry finished preparing the onion soup Louis requested and took the garlic bread out of the oven. It smelt divine all the way from where Louis was standing, humming a lullaby to the faint snores of his baby.

"Haud mirum?" His Dominus called to him in a low volume. Louis' hearing has since heightened now that Aryan sleeps away from him and the boy could pick up almost any sound.

Louis padded over in his faded sports jersey and socks. He felt Aryan's tiny fists get a little tighter on his shirt. "Hmm?"

His Dominus was smiling when Aryan came into view with his precious mate, reaching over the counter to rub the baby's little foot. "I've forgotten what I was going to say."

Giggling but not estranged to the situation, Louis took one of Aryan's small hands in his and gently rocked him. "He's asleep now. I think I'll put him into his crib now."

"I'll take him." Harry volunteered quickly. He was an avid fan of cuddling his pup, his delightful heir.

Louis rolled his eyes fondly and handed Aryan over to his Dominus. He heard the baby sniffle and threaten to wake up from his sleep when he was torn apart from the warm, comforting chest. Harry gathers the baby up in his arms and drapes the pup over his forearm the way Aryan is fond of.

His pup's lips became visibly pouted and he settled once again when he was lying over his father's arm. Harry's hand curled around Aryan's thigh to keep him steady and the baby's cheek rested on the crook of his elbow. The Dominus kept Aryan's limbs from injury by securing them in his other hand.

"Smells wonderful." Louis compliments the food, dipping a chunk of crispy bread into the soup. He feeds himself a bit and a touch of soup gets onto the corner of his mouth.

"Thank you, my lover." Harry leans in and kisses Louis where the soup was smeared. He licked it off.

Together they sat on their little couch by the fire with a new movie on - one that they purchased on their last trip into town. Louis had himself planted on Harry's lap where he could both feed his Dominus as well as see to his dozing pup. Harry has one arm snaked around Louis' slender waist, tugging his mate closer.

"Haud mirum, I have something to discuss with you." Harry straightens his back and Louis puts the empty bowl on the floor. "Something important."

Louis caresses down the path of Aryan's chubby arm, hearing his baby sniffle and his little nose twitch in his sleep. "What's wrong?"

Harry drums his fingers over Louis' hip. His mate had a bit more flesh on him now after their baby was born, yet Harry seemed to love him even more. There was more to love anyway. Sometimes at night he'd just bury his face in Louis' soft tummy so he slept so comfortably.

"Nothing is wrong, beloved." Harry shifts Aryan from his arm onto his chest, a large hand covering the expanse of his pup's back. "Do you remember what I said about doing anything to keep Aryan with us?"

"Yes." Louis answers solemnly.

The recent developments on their efforts to keep their family together have been extraordinarily null. Harry's written to and visited the Dominus he means to overthrow, but Louis hasn't heard a peep on anything. He's hoping that at last his Alpha mate won't deny him.