Chapter 17: Poisoned

We approached the building where Kyle's phone said he was.

All five of us pried open the metal doors. Once we did, about 20 guards stood there waiting for us.

"Attack" A woman said behind me. I caught her attack and struggled to flip her over my head.

I really don't know how Kyle does it. Did he get stronger? Oh god dammit I haven't been training in forever, so fighting people that want to kill me might be a bit of a problem.

After we wiped the floor with the expendables and proceed farther into the facility. Ari, Sage and I decided to be a team since Sage is more experienced in fighting. And Nathan and Robin are great even separate.

"This place gives me the creeps" I yawn. Ari yawned after me looking through every door or window.  We waited for Sage to follow but she didn't budge. She was being aware of her surroundings. We shouldn't bother her.

Ari knocked the wall to get our attention.

"There's the guy that took Kyle" She whispered looking down a dark hall. His metal boots were quietly tapping against the tiles.

"We should follow him" I said.

"He is no use to us." Sage said about to continue walking.

"Sage think. What if he is going to the cells?" I said.

"If he's not?" She raised and eye brow.

"Honestly do you even know where we were going? He obviously does, so where ever he goes we can uncover at least something illegal" I smiled.

Sage thought and nodded. "What if he's looking for us?"

"Then oh well if he finds the inhuman cousins then they'll just kick his ass" I shrugged and stealthily followed him. He turned a corner and we had Ari look around it.

"Clear..."

We turned the corner.  He turned another corner. Sage stopped us and went in front.

"Prepare for an ambush..." She narrowed her eyes and cautiously walked in a diagonal line towards the corner.

We looked around the corner. Christopher was staring at a wall.

"Shit" Sage muttered. Chris gave a side ways glance and then fully turned.

He turned and looked in our direction

Sage got into fighting stance. Chris stopped and looked at us. His eyes were life less pupils and his skin was paler than his sister's. He looked identical and yet he was half dead.

He held his head in a pained way and walked away. We turned to look at him and he was gone.

"What the hell?" Ari muttered.

"God......AUGH" I said letting go of my fear.

"Keep it down!"

"You know what even is the point?! Honestly we are never find the rest of the camp!"

"So you want to just give up?!" Sage said raising her voice.

"No! I want to stop walking and sneaking and actually find these people"

"Riley it was your dumb idea to follow Chris!" Sage said