Tears of Love Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I was dreaming

I dreamed I was in my old house sitting on my bed when all of a sudden my door opened and Alex stepped through.

I smiled up at him and said "Hey Alex what are you doing here?"

He didn't answer me.

Instead he walked over to me and began to glare at me. I started feeling scared because my father would glare at me every time before he'd hit me.

The next thing I know Alex had slapped me in the face causing my head to jerk to the side.

Tears began forming in my eyes as I looked up at him and said "How could you Alex? I trusted you and now all you're doing is hurting me."

He chuckled and bent down to my face and said "Well it just goes to show you to be careful who you trust."

With that he began beating me to death.

===============================================================

I woke up sweating and tears were rolling down my face.

I was shaking uncontrollably and I couldn't stop gasping for air.

I got off the bed still shaking and I made my way downstairs and two the living room.

I noticed that Chase was crashed out on the couch and I didn't see Alex anywhere.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water before turning around and coming face to face with Alex.

My face went pale as I remembered what had happened to me in my dream.

I took a couple steps back and said "Hello Alex."

I saw hurt on his face as I kept distance between us but I didn't say anything.

"Zoe are you ok? What's the matter?"

I took a deep breath and said "I want to know why you left me earlier Alex. When you pressed me a little to hard into you it hurt but I knew you didn't mean to hurt me."

He closed the distance and I tried to not flinch as he place his palm against my cheek and stared into my eyes.

"I only left because I love you so much and I can't stand to see you hurt Zoe. You mean everything to me and when I pressed you too hard into me I felt that you'd hate me for it so that's why I left."

I looked into his eyes and knew that he was telling the truth.

I closed the distance between us and kissed him firmly on the mouth before saying "I love you Alex."

He hugged me gently and said "I love you to Z. Now can you tell me why you were crying a couple of minutes ago"

I took a breath and said "I had a nightmare about you beating me to death in my old room at my old house."

His eyes went wide and he gasped at what I had just said.

I stared at him and said "Alex are you ok?"

Before I knew it, Alex had picked me up bridal style and had carried me up the stairs and into his room before shutting his door and turning to me.

I took a deep breath and said "Alex it was only a bad dream. I know that you'd never hurt me. I love you and I know you love me so please don't feel upset or mad. It was only a bad dream, nothing more."

He looked me in the eyes and said "Zoe I love you but I don't think I can do this anymore."

I crossed my arms over my chest and said "What are you saying then Alex?"

He sighed and said "I don't want to be with you anymore."

Hurt spread through my body as I said "So in other words you're breaking up with me?"

He looked me straight in the eyes and said "Yes I'm breaking up with you. Which also means I want you to leave as soon as you can."

I nodded and said "Ok I'll pack my stuff tonight and be out of you're life tomorrow."

With that I walked past him and grabbed all my suit cases and walked out of his room ignoring the pain in my ribs and took everything downstairs.

I then grabbed a blanket and pillow and slept on the living room floor for a few hours and then I got up and went to the fridge to grab a bottle water.

I stood by the counter and it didn't hit me until then that Alex didn't want me anymore.

The tears fell as I realized that he wanted me out of his cabin and out of his life.

I stood there for a long time and cried because I gave him everything I had and even welcomed him into my life but in the end he never really loved me.

I turned around and walked out of the kitchen and noticed that Chase was talking to Alex in the living room.

"Why did you break up with her?"

"Because I can't hurt her. She had one night mare about me beating her to death and I realized that I can't be with someone who gets beat up all the time."

"You're an ass you know that?"

"I bet that if you were in my situation then you'd do the same thing Chase."

"I still can't believe you're doing this to Zoe. Man she loves you so much and she really trusts you with her life. But because you tell her to leave and everything was uncalled for. She's probably heart broken now because you told her that you didn't want her."

"Look man I don't know what you want me to say. I'm going to go see if she's ready."

I heard movement and hurried back to the counter before Alex walked in and saw me.

I was looking at pictures on the fridge when his voice sounded close.

"Are you ready?"

I couldn't trust my voice so I simply turned around to face him and I nodded.

He sighed and said "Alright I'll take some of your bags and we'll go to a decent hotel so you can stay there for a while."

I cleared my throat and said "I'll walk into town and stay at a hotel in town. Don't worry about helping me with my bags."

With that I walked past him and grabbed my bags before walking out the door, leaving my broken heart and loved one behind me.