Part 6

Princess D

I sighed. Everyone was to busy to talk to me and they only really cared about the treasure.

Treasure, treasure, treasure! That's all anybody ever talks about. I wish I was prettier but instead, I'm just an extra and the treasure is the star.

I sighed again. Maybe I could sneak out to the dance floor and find someone to talk to.  Finding a side-door, I snook into the beautiful, european ballroom.

It was magnificent! People everywhere! Everyone in beautiful clothes! The sight took my breath away.

"Hey, have you seen a blonde boy a little taller than me, wearing a tuxedo~" I looked up at the girl talking to me. She looked at me for a few seconds before saying "You're Princess D? Funny, I thought that princesses were prettier. And they don't wear glasses that thick." Tears welled up in my eyes as I struggled to keep my calm. "If the treasure's anything like you, it's not worth seeing," she finished. The mention of the treasure made my blood boil. How dare she compare me to a rock!

Enraged, I stormed off back to the side-door. Once I was on the other side of it, I heard a flapping noise behind me. Turning around, I saw a little black butterfly coming straight at me. It made to perch on my glasses but instead merged with them, turning them a deep purple colour.

"Princess D, you have been upstaged and insulted by a mere rock. I can allow you to be the main event providing that you get something for me in return. Do we have a deal?"

Finally, someone who notices me for me, not an asset to a simple mineral. I didn't care that I was being offered greatness by a butterfly, I could finally be the star I was born to be. "Yes," I said.

As soon as the answer was past my lips, darkness enveloped me.