Part 9

Ladybug

"Chat, I have a plan. Can you angle the spotlights towards the princess when I tell you?"

"Anything for you, m'lady," he replied, unusually serious. With a few leaps, he was sat on one of the spotlights and gave me a thumbs-up.

I sprinted towards the princess, dodging the mineralised guests and the beams that had created them. Finally, I was close enough to use the umbrella; I opened it, positioned it over her head and snapped it closed, trapping her. "Chat, now!"

Two beams of light fell on Princess Gorgon and, as she shoved the umbrella off, she was blinded by the intense light. Shielding her eyes, she didn't notice me take her glasses.

I threw the glasses down and they broke instantly. A little black butterfly fluttered out.

"No more evildoing for you, akuma," I said, swinging my yoyo around to catch it. When I released it, it was white. I watched it fly out of the window. "Bye bye, little butterfly."

"Chat, can you see my umbrella?" I asked. Turning around, I saw him holding it out to me. This feels familiar. I took it, our fingertips brushing for a moment. Electricity shot down my arm at his touch but I would never tell him that.

I threw the umbrella high into the air and shouted "Miraculous Ladybug!" Pink light erupted from the umbrella and swirled around the ballroom. In an instant, the guests were back to normal, as were the tables and chairs. In the middle of the dance floor, Princess D woke up.

"What have I been doing?" Without her glasses, the princess looked stunning. I saw Nino snapping pictures and showing them to Alya out of the corner of my eye. The world will remember this. She's destined to be the main event now.

I retreated out of the crowd to the drinks table. Being extremely thirsty after that fight, I found some amazing tasting orange juice. Then I wandered to the balcony to rest.