5

I believe her reasoning  for this was because I'd hurt her before. About 6 months into our relationship, I broke up with her. Partly because I was confused and my friends thought it would be the best thing as I was going through a lot with my parents passing away. But this wasn't the real reason. I didn't want to be with her. Around that time we had stop spending as much time together and i felt like there was distance between us. I told her I didn't want a relationship. I still had very strong feelings for her. To try and get over her I had started talking to Amy. Not long after taking, Amy and I got more serious. What I didn't know was that Lucy found out. She found out that I had lied about not wanting a relationship and she found out the real reason. This killed her. At uni I could se sit. She tried to act happened but her eyes were always swollen from crying herself to sleep. I realised when I saw her talking to other guys, that I couldn't deal with that. So we talked things out but from that it made her very insecure about herself. Eventually after ending things with Amy and talking things out with Lucy, we worked things out and got back together.

Before Lucy left me, before she took what she needed and left, I pleaded with her.
"Please, give me another chance!" I sobbed whilst raising my voice so she could hear me from the other side of the room.
"Let me prove to you  that I loved you more then anything and that I would never do it again." I begged. Before she grabbed her keys, her bloodstock eyes looked at me, she asked me something, "why? Why did you do it? I thought we were happy?" Lucy asked sounding hopeless. I couldn't answer, I don't know why.
"I don't know, it was a mistake... I love you Lucy" I said to her, hoping that somehow would make her stay.
"Pathetic" she mumbled.
That was the last thing I ever heard her say.