"Date with destiny."

You and I met. You and I looked at each other like we have something in common. You and I talked and said hello. And a crazy thought came to me. You said you believe in destiny or serendipity or whatever you call it. I said I don't. So we decided to challenge it.

You said let's go around this place since it's a place new to us. We'll go on our separate ways wandering around the place. We can go inside some random shops and come out after two minutes. And if we meet again at the same time, then we call it destiny.

So we wandered around without knowing where to go. Everywhere I go, I always get the feeling that you're not far and you're just there. So I started to get frustrated because I can't seem to find you, until the sun was setting already. So I eventually gave up.

I was about to get into a cab when you pulled my arm. I turned around to see you gasping for air like you were running.. Then you said, "I saw you, but you didn't see me." You look sad when you said that. "We didn't meet at the same time. Does it count?"

I wanted to say 'no' but I didn't want to. Instead I said, "We weren't destined for each other. But that doesn't mean we'll never be destined for each other."

You smiled and it made my hear pound. So we played the silly game again.

z)0V