x

Once again, the team hopped up onto the helicopter, Katana joining them just before take-off. Even though they filled most of the plane, it just felt empty. "So, how are you?" Harley tried to make conversation. "I'm good. Zoe just won an award at her school." Deadshot replied. "You must be proud." Rick said. "I am." He nodded, "How's June?" "Recovering," Rick sighed, "She's taken to gardening. It helps." "That's good." It felt like hours before the plane landed. "Well, come on. Let's save the world." Deadshot walked towards the supposed location of the metahuman, preparing himself for battle. Red electricity pulsed through the building, directing the villains where to go. Climbing up the stairs, they saw the girl in the middle of the room. She was on her knees and seemed to be crying. "Meus irmãos, eu ter sido separado de você novamente. Eu sinto muito." She repeated over and over again. As if sensing their presence, she lifted her head. "Hello, travellers. Have you come to kill me?" She asked, her voice horse, them without looking in their direction. "No, we just want to take you with us." Rick assured her. "Then why do you carry weapons?" She asked. Suddenly, red tendrils wrapped themselves around the group's various weapons, excluding Katana's sword, pulling them away from their carrier. Lifting her hands in the air, the weapons floated around her. Suddenly, she slammed her hands together and the weapons broke into millions of pieces."I'm sorry sir, but I don't believe I will be going with you today." Standing, she turned to face the group. A mask covered her face as she lifted her palm towards the group. A burst of red electricity fired at the group and they scatted to get away from the attack. "How do we defeat her?" Deadshot asked, "We don't have any weapons." El Diablo turned to the group. "We have me." He ran out in front of the girl, shooting fire out of his hands.

" He ran out in front of the girl, shooting fire out of his hands

She put her hands up, a wall of water appearing in front of her. Stunned, El Diablo stepped back. His hesitation brought her enough time, shooting a large stream of water towards him. The water pushed him back to against the door and out of the room. "Diablo!" Harley cried. "What do we do now?" Deadshot turned to Rick. "Katana's still got her sword," Rick strategized, "We distract her while Katana goes around the back." He pulled out a small gun from his pockets; it had gone unnoticed by the witch. Rick handed it to Deadshot. "Do your thing." He smiled at his friend, although he would never admit it. Deadshot nodded to Katana, who began running to be behind the dangerous metahuman. Deadshot peaked out from behind the wall, aiming the gun. He shot twice, each at her head. Once again she raised her palm, this time the bullets stopped in their path before heading back towards Deadshot, who ducked out of the way. "Is that the best you can do?" She went to ask, but was interrupted by a sword handle hitting her in the head. She swayed, before dropping to the floor, mask slipping off her face. El Diablo, soaked, walked out of the door. "Good job guys." Rick walked over to girl picking her up in his arms, "Back to the-"He stopped short, nearly dropping the girl. "What's wrong, Flag?" Deadshot asked, walking over to where the man was, before he stopped short as well. Harley raced over, eager to see what all the fuss was about. "No way," She gasped. "What is it?" Diablo asked. "It's Nyx." She said. He raced over, and it was indeed Nyx. Suddenly, she shot up in Rick's arms, clawing at him, fighting for escape. "It's okay," He said, softly, "It's just us." "Who are you?"

" "Who are you?"