Falling for my sister's best friend

Chapter 1

“Natalie!!!! Get your but out of bed; you’re going to be late for your first day of school.” I heard my sister Ashley say.

“OK, ok, I’m up. Stop yelling.” I answered back. I made my way to the bathroom and took a shower. I wore a blue v-neck dress that reached my knees and matching blue heels. I put on some eye-liner and mascara and went downstairs.

“Morning sis.” I said grabbing an apple.

“Morning, are you ready for school?”

“Yup.” I said popping the p.

“Be careful.” She said.

“Always am. Bye.” I said and made my way to school.

Ok before I go any further let me explain a bit about myself. My name is Natalie Anderson and I’m 16 years old. I have blonde hair and blue/green eyes. I have an older sister Ashley, she’s 17. We both go to different schools. Our parents passed away in a car accident and so Ashley’s been taking care of me. And I have to admit I haven’t really made things easier for her because I’m a trouble maker. I wouldn’t say that I hung out with the wrong crowd because I don’t do drugs and all the other crap. But I do know a lot of bad boys. I’m kind of the popular girl in school. But I am definitely not one of those mean, slutty cheerleaders. I don’t bully or make fun of the dorks, nerds, etc. I’m actually quite friendly with them all, and I’m only mean to the people who deserve it. I don’t really have a best friend because all of the people at school want something from me, so it’s pretty hard to trust them. I guess you could count my sister and my cousin’s wife, Sarah, as my best friends. Hmm what else??? I think that’s it for now.

 I made my way to school and parked my car. I made my way over to my group of friends and started catching up with them about the summer vacation. The bell rang signaling the start of a new day at school. Isn’t this exciting? (Note sarcasm) I made my way over to class and started thinking of my first prank for the day. The first 3 lesson were extremely slow and boring that I just wanted to dig up my own grave. Half way through fifth lesson I took permission to go to the bathroom. I decided that I wanted to put my first prank in action. I went to the janitor’s closet, and no not to make out with some guy, but because I need the cleaning equipments for my first prank. I sprayed some water on the floor near the principal’s office and mixed it with some soap; I installed a small camera at the end of the hallway where no one would be able to see it. After that I made my way to class and waited patiently for the bell to ring. As soon as the bell rang I made my way over to the hallway with my friends and was just in time to the see the principal run out of his office and slide across the hallway. All the students that were gathered around erupted into laughter, while the principal just lay there in shock. After 10 minutes principal Renolds recovered and glared at me. He stood up and made his way his way over to me.

“Miss Anderson, do you think this is funny?” he said angrily.

“Actually I find this hilarious. But are you okay?” I asked trying to control my laughter.

“You know, you wouldn’t really need to ask that question if you hadn’t done the prank.” He said.

“But principal Renold, it wasn’t me.” I said acting all innocent.

“The hell it wasn’t.”

“Do you have proof?” I asked.

“No but-” he started to say but I interrupter him “exactly, so when you find proof you let me know.” I made my way over to the cafeteria to eat lunch. When the bell rang signaling the end of lunch I stood in the bathroom waiting for the hallway to clear up before making my way to get the camera that I installed. Thankfully the rest of the day passed by quickly and it was time to go home. My friends asked me if I wanted to hang out with them later and I said that I’d think about it. I went home and found a text from Ashley saying that she was going to be late because she had some project or whatever I didn’t really care. I knew Ashley was a hard worker and there was nothing I could do that would let her just loosen up and enjoy her time. I tried setting her up with some guy but she wouldn’t agree to go on a date with him and insisted that I don’t do that again. I finally agreed after hours and hours of argument. Nah I’m exaggerating, we didn’t spend hours arguing over it probably because she told me that she would date when the time is right and when she finds someone she can trusts. I didn’t even have time to argue because she just left me alone and went to her room. I must have been rambling a lot in my head because I was shaken out of my thoughts by my sister’s voice.

“Hey Natalie, I’m home.” She said.

“So am I.” I said.

“How was your day?” she asked sitting on the couch next to me.

I laughed thinking about my prank and look on principal Renold’s face. “It was cool.”

I heard her groan and say, “What did you do now?”

“Nothing, I didn’t do anything.”

“Are you sure?” she asked looking at me suspiciously.

“Did you get a call from the principal?”

“No.”

“See that means that I didn’t do anything.”

“Ok fine. What do you want for dinner?”

“Whatever, I don’t really care.”

“There are some leftovers from yesterday. Do you mind if we eat them I’m not in the mood to cook.” She asked.

“Yes its fine. As long as I eat because I’m starving.”

“Ok I’ll go change my clothes and then we’ll eat.” She said going to the kitchen and putting the leftover in the microwave.  Ten minutes later we sat and ate our dinner in silence. After I was done I decided to go and hang out with my friends. I placed the dishes in the kitchen and made my way upstairs.

“Hold up missy. You’re supposed to do the dishes.” Ashley said.

“I can’t.” I answered way too quickly for her liking.

“And why’s that?” she asked narrowing her eyes at me.

“I got homework.” I said. Seriously Natalie that’s the best excuse you could come up with. I could tell that Ashley didn’t look convinced and my thoughts were confirmed when she said, “But you never do homework.”

“Can’t a girl change her mind?” I said walking up the stairs ignoring Ashley’s stares. I went to my room and changed my clothes and headed back downstairs. I made my way quietly towards the door hoping Ashley wouldn’t hear me but unfortunately luck wasn’t on my side.

“And where do you think you’re going?” she asked.

“I’m going out to meet my friends.” I said shrugging.

“What about homework?” she asked.

“I don’t have do home work” I said in a ‘duh’ voice.

“B-but you just said that you changed your mind.” She said shocked. Wow she actually believed me.

“See ya Ashley. I’ll be back before 12.”

“No you’re curfew is 10.” She said

“Fine then I’ll see at 11. Bye.” I said heading out to meet my friends.