Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Louis’ POV

We walked out of the building and immediately after we got out of the doors, Eleanor broke down into tears. It broke my heart seeing her like that but all I could do was whisper sweet nothings into her ear while holding her close to me.

My arms were around her waist while her face was buried in my shirt.

“It’s ok. We can work through this,” I said, whispering into her ear while gently tracing circles on her hip. Then Harry came over, causing me to tighten my grip of Eleanor.

“Don’t worry, El. I won’t steal Louis away from you,” He said, rubbing her back gently. Caught up in the moment, I smiled to him, silently thanking him.

“Come on, El. How about we go home and spend some time together?” I asked her. She finally lifted her head out of my shirt and nodded, joining our hands. All the boys got into their own cars while I pulled Eleanor over to mine.

Once I’d driven us both home, I made both of us a cup of Yorkshire Tea and we cuddled together on the sofa, our limbs entangled together carefully while we talked, exchanging small kisses every so often, not worrying about anybody else or any other worries of the world, but instead just enjoying each other’s presence while we could.

As the day drifted to a close, our eyes grew heavy so I put our cups away before gathering El into my arms and carrying her into the bedroom, gently lying her on the bed, putting the blanket over her before getting into bed myself, wrapping my arms around her slim waist, and bringing her closer to me so that her back was pressed against my chest.

***

It’s been 5 days since I fell asleep next to Eleanor after we got told about the plan. The last 5 days had been spent trying to get Harry and I to look at least a little convincing with our pretending to be in love.

Five Days Ago - Flashback

“Ok. Now hold hands,” he said. I thought back to the times El and I held hands before taking a deep breath and holding Harry’s hand the same way.

“No! You guys look too tense to be in love. Try loosening up a little,” Liam said, shaking us gently to attempt to loosen us up.

End of Flashback

That’s what we spent the last 5 days doing. Doing everything wrong, getting told off by Liam for not looking enough in love. That was hard enough.

Today was the start of the real test.

Harry and I were going out on a date.

I stood nervously in front of the mirror glancing at my reflection. Eleanor was helping me with a tie but I could tell it hurt her to know that we weren’t allowed to go out on a date together but instead I was going out with the one guy I hated.

“Don’t worry, love. I will always love you, ok?” I said, leaning down to peck the top of her head.

“I know. I love you too. I’m just sad that we can’t come out anymore. Management sucks,” She mumbled quietly, just loud enough for me to hear.

“I know. I promise we will make this work, ok?” I said to her. “We’re strong. I will be thinking of you the whole time. I love you so much, El,” I said, as her hands fell to the side, done with my tie.

“I love you too,” She said, her arms coming up around my neck allowing her to stretch up a little to kiss me. Her lips met mine in an explosion of fireworks, my lips always only seeking more of hers. We got caught up in the feel of each other’s lips on our own until the doorbell rang, sharply knocking us out of our own world.