2 | Social Ineptitude

Once Dylan opened the door, we were greeted by Madden, Gables and Brandy lounging around, playing rock music and passing around chips. Allison was frozen beside me but I just walked in, unsure of how everyone was going to react. They all looked over and just stared, silently. Dylan coughed awkwardly. 

"So, uh, you guys know Allison.." 

"Um, that's Gables- I mean Anne, and Madden, Brandy and uh I don't know but I'll introduce myself again, I'm Dylan and that's Ethan." He said, pointing to everyone respectively. 

Allison just looked around and nodded before taking a seat in a nearby swivel chair. 

Brandy, oddly enough, sat next to Anne and the two began to talk quietly. Madden made his way over and bumped my shoulder and shot a look to the door. I sighed and followed him out of the room. 

"Look, before you say anything, she's different than she was before. She doesn't seem as well, I don't know just not as vivacious anymore." I defended.

He rolled his eyes and groaned. 

"You did not just use one of Mrs. Talsmans' vocab words to describe her."

"Whatever, let's just go back in before we get caught by security." 

"Just saying, when this blows up in your face, I was, no doubt about it, right." 

I smacked him lightly on the top of the head and closed the door behind us when we re-entered the room. 

Brandy and Gables were still having their private little conversation but Brandy did take a moment to glare at me upon my entrance. Geez. 

Allison was actually laughing at something Dylan was saying. He was perched on the edge of a desk that was pulled into the middle of the room. 

"Okay so, I vote that this Friday we go to Madden's and get completely smashed." Dylan grinned, sitting up. 

"Last time we did that, my mom grounded me for three weeks thanks to you writing some very inappropriate things on my bedroom door," he glared, "In sharpie."

Brandy laughed while Dylan just scowled, muttering about the Irish being out to get him or something.

"Allison, what are your plans this weekend?" Anne said, leaning against the side of the couch. 

"Probably unpacking or something." She said vaguely. 

"Would you want to join us or something?" Anne asked tentatively. 

"No." She answered briefly before turning away from her. 

"Oh, well, What's your schedule like this year?" Dylan asked trying to change the subject.

"Pretty boring. Mostly like core classes that I need to catch up on. And I'm taking Photography." 

"Really? What period?" I asked suddenly. 

She turned towards me and I thought I saw something register in her eyes but I couldn't make it out. Whatever she was thinking about, was unbeknownst to me. 

"Period five, with Klassen." she said taking out a piece of paper from her pocket. 

"That's my class." I said excitedly. 

"What other classes do you have?" She asked.

I pulled my own schedule and handed it to her where she looked them both over. How crazy was it that she had two of my classes? 

"We also have P.E together, last period." I cleared my throat at her announcement. 

Wow there was going to be no getting rid of her this year. She handed me back my schedule and I smiled. She just blinked and turned back around.