Chapter 7: The Happenings

Chapter 7

His words surprised me. I didn’t expect that from him.

“How sweet,” A familiar voice began to speak over the microphone echoing inside the hall.

The familiar voice startled us.

“Who’s that?” Cinder asked pointing his finger to the control room where we saw a silhouette of a man waving his right arm.

“You don’t recognize me, Ella?” The voice began to speak over again.

His words made me wonder until I realized that the voice came from the person I am closest with.

I snapped my fingers as soon as I had figured out the person.

“Rico,” I called out, “is that you?”

The lights at the control room turned off and the silhouette of the man became clearer.

“You got that right, Ell,” He said extending his arms as he headed towards our way.

I ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

“I knew it was you,” I mumbled as I slowly broke the hug, “When did you arrive, Rico?”

“Just this afternoon,” He answered.

“You should’ve called me,” I said, “I could have fetched you,”

“It’s okay Ell,” He said sweetly and then turned his attention to Cinder.

“Ah by the way, this is my best friend, Cinder,” I said.

“Cinder Henderson, nice meeting you,” Cinder extended his hand towards Rico.

“Rico Fritzgerald,” Rico introduced himself as he reached Cinder’s hand, “nice meeting you too.”

“Are you two, siblings?” Cinder asked gesturing his hands.

“Ah no,” Rico said, “we’re just cousins.”

“I see, but you two look exactly alike you know,” Cinder uttered in a serious tone.

“Yes, you’re right,” Rico said while hanging his arm around my shoulders, “We’re always mistaken as siblings by others.”

They seemed to get along well even if it’s their first meeting.

“Is that you’re phone ringing?” Rico asked as Cinder gets his phone inside his pocket.

“Yeah, it’s mine,” He said while looking at his phone, “I gotta answer this, please excuse me.”

We nodded as we looked at Cinder walked in a distance.

“Hey,” Rico mumbled as he nudged my elbow, “You’ve got yourself a nice boyfriend huh?”

My eyes widened by what he said.

“He’s not my boyfriend, Rico,” I said calmly, “He’s my new bestfriend together with Jasper.”

He made face.

“If he’s not, then why are you blushing?” He began to tease me as he poked my cheeks.

“No, I’m not,” I defended as I gave him a light punch on his shoulder.

Cinder came back as he returned his phone in his pocket.

“You’re ringtone, it’s Reborn by B•Free right?” Rico asked Cinder eagerly.

“Yes, you know them?” Cinder replied immediately.

“Not just I know them, but I’m a huge fan of them,” He uttered.