Chapter 6: The Fall

Chapter 6

At the Theatre hall.

The casts and crews were already there.

“Cinder!”

Someone called from behind. I turned my head to see who it was.

“Why are you hiding behind the door?” Ella asked while holding a pile of papers. “Com’on let’s get inside now. We’re about to start.”

“Right,” I said, “Let me have some of that. It’s awkward to let a girl carry a pile of papers.”

“Thank you, Cinder,” She muttered as she handed me half of the piled papers.

There I saw the cast and crews busy chatting with each other. Cassandra was there on one of the seats in the front row busy playing with her phone.

At the second row, there was Isabel Gomez, a sophomore college student, who will be playing as Rapunzel’s evil foster mother, Gothel. She was sitting beside Andrew and Derick, who will be playing as the StaBington brothers.

Derick Garcia is also a 12th grade student and is the best friend of Andrew since pre-school.

“Flynn Rider is here,” Ms. McKinley declared as the others turned their heads to our direction.

I gave a low bow and smiled at them.

I laid the pile of papers on the table where Ella had put the other scripts.

“Okay, gather up guys,” Ms. McKinley called out our attention, “and please settle down.”

Everyone gathered up and paid attention to Ms. McKinley.

“First of all, I would like to congratulate Mr. Henderson for getting the role of Flynn Rider,” She congratulated me, “Please stand up, Mr. Henderson to be recognized.”

They clapped their hands, and I stood up and gave a low bow.

“Thank you,” I muttered.

Ms. McKinley began to explain all the things that we will be doing for the preparation of the musical play.

She started to distribute to us the scripts and the CDs containing the song we have to practice.

“For our practice,” She cleared her throat, “it will be everyday right after your last period in the afternoon until 6 o’clock in the evening.”

“Is it okay for you, Cinder?” Ella whispered to me with her eyes fixed on Ms. McKinley.

“Y-yes, why?” I answered as I looked at her.

“You’re uncle might get mad if you’re late for the said time,” She said worriedly.

I secretly smiled.

“My mom’s here, so there’s no need to worry okay?” I whispered back.

She nodded as she looked at me.

“We will be sending out letters for your parents or guardians for them to be informed,” Ms. McKinley stated as she began to distribute the letters.

“Okay then, tomorrow will be the start of the practice,” She said after she had handed out all the letters, “See you then.”

Everybody started to head out the hall when Cassandra called out my name.

“Cinder!”

“Yes, Ms. Rhodes?” I turned at her direction.

“I’m looking forward to working with you,” She said with a straight face, “Better reach my expectations and don’t disappoint me.”