9.

unedited

Chapter 9: Spencer's POV
I walk in and out of the stupid rainforest place. I gather a bunch of leaves, branches, and other plants, and lay them out. I try to spell SOS out massively across the sand. So, if I see an airplane, helicopter, boat, or anything I'll just light it on fire so they will see us.
I'm already tired of being here. I want to leave this place. I want to go home. David was planning on proposing sometime this week. Or- at least I think he was. Idk...
It took me like an hour to spell the word out on the sand. I walk over to all our stuff and grab the matches. I put them in my back pocket.
"What are you doing over there?" Harry asks me.
I don't answer him and just walk back.
I sit beside the massive letters and look up at the sky and the ocean continuously. I grab a match and get it ready.
An hour goes by-- nothing.
Another-- nothing.
Two-- nothing.
Three-- nothing.
I find myself just drawing in the sand with the match.
"I made some lunch...if you want to come back for a little" he says.
Again, I don't answer.
He sits beside me.
"Wow silent treatment. So original" he sighs.
I roll my eyes.
"When I see an airplane, helicopter, or anything I light this on fire so they can see us."
"But it's already bright outside" he says.
"Then they'll see the smoke" I say.
"What if it doesn't burn" he says.
"It'll burn." I say.
"What if you burn down the island" he says.
"This isn't a joke. Please just shut up so I can look out for people." I say.
"Wow. Haha. Why do you want to leave so badly?" He asks.
"Cause you're annoying." I say trying to shut him up.
"I doubt that's the only reason." He says giggling.
I don't answer.
I grab my knees and wrap my arms around them as I pull them into my chest.
"Wanna give me some other reasons?" He asks.
"I want to go home." I mumble.
"Don't we all" he says.
I turn to him.
"I want to go home to my family! To my friends! Haven't we been over this?! I have people I've never said goodbye to yet. People really important to me." I say.
"Like who? Your 'boyfriend'? Oh yeah I bet he's very special" he rolls his eyes.
"You don't even know him." I say back.
"You probably don't either. I mean, I'm pretty sure you just lied about the guy just cause you didn't want to kiss me." He says.
"Are you joking?" I say "His names David. We've been together for two years. He was even planning on proposing" I say quietly.
"Proposing? Spencer, you're only twenty" he says.
"Twenty one" I mumble.
"What?" He asks.
"I'm twenty one today." I say.
"Oh-...um happy birthday" he says awkwardly.
I look up.
"Harry- Harry i see something!" I say standing up.
"Spenc-" I hear him try to say faintly.
"Something's there!" I shout and strike the match on the side of the box.
I set it down on a side of the letters.
"Spencer no!" Harry says, grabbing me right after I set it down.
"What?" I say turning around.
"Look" he says.
I look up at the sky. The thing I saw in the sky is closer. And it has wings. A bird. Really. A bird. You cannot be serious.
My hand covers my mouth.
I turn to the burning SOS letters with tears in my eyes.
"I- I swear I saw a plane." I say.
He wraps his arms around me.
"I thought we were going to be-" I begin saying into his chest.
"I know" he says.
"I just ruined the thing that might've saved us." I cry.
He releases but puts both his hands on the side of my arms.
"There's been nothing this whole morning. There shouldn't be something coming anytime soon." He says.
"There has to be" I say quietly.
He licks his lips and bring his hands back to his sides.
"We'll build another one." He says.
My entire mood just completely shifts.
"No." I say.
"What? Why not" he asks.
"There's no point. Like you said; there won't be anything anytime soon." I say and begin walking back to where all our stuff is.
"What'd you make over there" Sidney asks me.
"Nothing" I say and walk into the tent.
I sit down.
I see Harry starting to put out the fire. I zip up the tent and lay down.
It's weird how like, I never saw this coming. Like, seriously though. One moment, I'm living a happy life. The next, I'm stuck on an island as my life is being jeopardized. There really isn't a point anymore. I could probably just tell the truth to Harry. David wasn't the reason I didn't want to kiss him.
I try and drift off to sleep.
Later, I sit up. I comb out my hair with my fingers as I yawn. It wasn't a very long nap, but whatever.
I unzip the tent and see a sandwich on the sand in front of me. I pick it up and wipe the sand off of the bottom. I take a couple bites as I look around.
Sidney is making another sand castle close by, and Harry's asleep over towards his back pack.
I set the sandwich down and walk over to Harry. I lay down in front of him. My back facing him. I grab his arm and wrap it around me.
"What are you doing" he says with a quiet raspy voice, but doesn't move.
I turn to face him.
"Can I tell you something..?" I ask.
"Sure" he says with his eyes still closed.
"I've, you know, 'accepted' the fact that...we'll be here for a while-" I say.
He keeps his eyes shut, but I somehow know he's listening.
"Um well....I kinda lied about something...." I say.
"About what" he quietly says.
"About-.....about David being the reason I didn't want to kiss you." I say.
He slowly opens his eyes.
"What do you mean" he asks.
"Erm...just because I was with someone, wasn't the reason I didn't want to kiss you. I didn't-....I didn't want to kiss you because I was afraid I would fall in love with you." I say.
"Really...?" He asks.
I nod my head.
"Why are you telling me this now?" He asks.
"Idk" I say shrugging my shoulders. "I know there's a possibility that I might not see him again, and I don't know...Harry, I've had this kind of weird feeling when Im with you. Like a feeling that I really don't want to feel. But...I guess I'm just going to go with it." I say quietly.
"Go with what" he asks.
I bite my lip.
"This." I say and just lean in to meet his lips.
I did it quick and then just came back up. We both just kind of stared at each other.
I felt something kind of pull me in closer as he was slowly leaning to me. His head lifted up from the sand as he tilted it.
The feeling of his lips slowly touch mine again gave me chills. I felt his hand come onto my cheek.
He stopped for a moment.
"Happy birthday Spencer" he says smiling, and leans back in.

[ooohhh. Hehe I like this chappie (:

PLEASE READ/COMMENT/VOTE on 'My Brother's Best Friend'

I REALLYYYYY WANT 1K by Christmas!! I'm at 955 rn!!

SO CLOSE BUT SO FAR AWAYYYY. (Haha 5sauce)

Well anyways.. Thanks for reading dont forget to vote and comment and maybe read my friend Emily's book? She's awesome and her sequel Brooklyn only has like 20 reads so.. Help her out?

Her username is SailingForLarry ((:

Okay ? Alright. Bye bye (: -Tasha ]