17. Orphanage

unedited

Hey guys! Happy late Valentines Day!

Chapter 17: Spencer's POV

Not too much has happened these last two weeks. Just to summarize ; I have purchased and am currently moving into a new flat, and Sidney is finally mine. Today is the day I take her home with me. I'm on my way to get her right now. After I get Sidney, Channel 4 News wants Sidney, Harry, and me to come in later today and tell the story. I wonder if they've let Harry know about this yet.
I haven't seen Harry ever since two weeks ago when we first saw each other since the accident. I guess, with everything going on like moving and adopting, we both haven't had any time. I'm hoping to see him today.
I get out of my car and walk into the medium sized building. I walk straight to the desk.
"How may I help you, love" a woman says.
"Hi, I'm Spencer Wilson. I'm here to pick up Sidney Keller." I say.
"May I see some identification real quick, and then I will go and get her" she says.
I take out my license from my wallet and show her.
"Be back in a minute, love" the woman says "please, feel free to have a seat".
I sit in the chair.
I'm about to see Sidney again. She will be my responsibility. My- my child... But- but what if I'm not ready for this... I mean, everyone was probably right. I might be too young. Besides, Sidney probably doesn't want to have another parent. Like, maybe she just won't cooperate or like do anything. She's pretty much old enough to remember her parents...I think. I'm only twenty one. I- I'm not ready.
I stand up and walk to the door.
"Spencer?" I hear a child's voice say.
"Sidney." I say and turn around.
I see a smile on her face.
She runs to me and I kneel down and catch her. We wrap our arms around each other.
"You and your husband, Harry I think, were all she could talk about to the other kids ever since she came here." The woman said.
"Harry is her boyfriend." Sidney says correcting the woman.
"Well-" I say but don't continue.
"Goodbye Sidney" the woman says.
"Goodbye misses Parker" Sidney says waving goodbye.
I stand up and take Sidney's hand.
Her and I walk out.
"Where's Harry?" She asks as we walk to my car.
"We might be seeing him later today, actually" I say.
She giggles.
"Did you make any friends in there?" I ask, not knowing what to talk about.
"Yes. I told them the story about when our airplane broke in the sky, and then I lived on a beach." She says.
I laugh.
I set her in the back seat and buckle her seatbelt. I then walk to my seat and start my car.
"Spencer?" Sidney asks as we're driving.
"Yeah?" I ask.
"Are- are you my new mommy?" She asks.
"If you want me to be." I say.
"Do I have to call you mommy?" She asks.
"Only if you want to, Sidney." I say.
She then continues to look out her window.
She stays silent.
On the radio, the song Roar by Katy Perry comes on. I hear Sidney begin singing along to it. I smile.
"You know this song?" I ask turning up the volume.
"They played it a lot during lunch." She says and continues quietly singing to it as she looks out the window.
We finally arrive at my new flat in Holmes.
"Well....this is your home." I say.
I help Sidney out of the car and we walk to the door step. I open the door and we both walk in.
"It's very...empty" she says looking around.
"That's because we're moving in tomorrow." I laugh.
"Well, it is very pretty" she smiles.
"Thank you" I laugh "hey! Wanna see your room?" I ask.
She nods.
"Follow me" I say.
We run upstairs and down the hall.
"Here it is" I say as we both walk into a light purple coloured room.
Her eyes widen as she walks around.
"Do you like it?" I ask.
She nods her head.
"I was thinking we could go shopping and you could pick out some bedding for your bed" I say.
"Where's your room?" She asks.
"At the other end of the hall" I say.
"Oh." She says still walking around.
"Hey, do you remember my mum?" I ask.
She nods her head.
"Well, we're spending the night at her place and then she's going to help us move in tomorrow" I say.
"Ok" she says.
I check the time on my phone.
"A driver is coming to get us at about 4:30. What do you want to do?" I ask.
"Why are people coming?" She asks.
"Channel 4 news wants us to tell them about our 'accident' we had." I say.
"Oh. What should I wear?" She asks.
I laugh at how adorable that sounded coming from a seven year old.
"Um, did you have any bags?" I ask.
She shakes her head.
"You didn't get any?" I ask.
"I had to choose what outfit I could take with me that was donated for the orphamage- orphanade...orpha- orphanage. Haha. And I chose this one" she says referring to her dress and flip flops.
"Well, then let's go shopping" I say.

It's almost over! Comment whether or not I should do a sequel. (: Xx Tasha