Confrontation

As Coach Bevridge was eating his lunch in the locker room and reading the newspaper Ms. Chambers walked in. "Ok Bevridge cards on the table right now." He looked up in confusion "huh?" She glared at the coach. " your tweaked because I put your stars in detention and now your getting even?" The coach looked confused. "What are you talking about Cambers?" "Your all star daughter showed up at my audition. Now I give every student an even chance which is a long and honorable tradition in the theater something that YOU wouldn't understand. But if she is planning some practical joke in my chapel of the arts......" Coach Beveridge  cut her off. "Shannon doesn't even sing." Ms. Chambers scoffed. "Well your wrong about that. But I will not allow my twinkle town musical to be made into farce." Coach snickered. "Twinkle town?" Ms. Chambers fumed. "See I knew it. I knew it!" The Coach then yelled out. "Sounds like a winner. Good luck on Broadway." Then Ms. Chambers walked out of the locker room.

Cammie and Stevie were sitting talking and eating lunch. "Is Vanessa really mad at me I said I was sorry?" Stevie sighed. "no one has beaten Vanessa out of a musical since kindergarten." Cammie looked exasperated. "We weren't trying to beat anyone out we were just singing." Stevie looked at Cammie again. "You won't convince Vanessa of that. I'm telling you if that girl could figure out a way to play both Romeo and Juliet her own girlfriend would be a aced out of a job. Cammie spoke again. " I told you it just happened. But I liked it a lot." Stevie gave Cammie a small smile then Cammie spoke again. "Did you ever feel like there's this whole other person in you just looking for a way to come out?" Stevie shook her head. "Not really. No." Then she looked at Cammie and laughed lightly. Then the bell rang and the girls left the lunch room.

Vanessa stormed to her locker and Arielle walked up. "Hey Vanessa. I thought since Shannon Bevridge was gonna be in your show......" Vanessa stopped her. "Shannon Beveridge is not in my show." Arielle was still smiling. "Ok. Um well I just thought you could watch me play ball sometime or something." Vanessa chuckled with sarcasm. "I'd rather stick pins in my eyes." Arielle looked confuses. "Wouldn't that be awfully uncomfortable." Vanessa then said with anger. "Evaporate tall person." Then as she walked away Arielle called out. "I bake! If that helps."

As Cammie opened her locker a piece of paper fell out and Cammie opened it and saw it was a note from Shannon. That's when Cammie smiled and ran off to the roof and saw all the plants. "Wow it's like a jungle up here." Shannon smiled. "Just like that cafeteria" Cammie chuckled. " well I just humiliated myself into the next century." Shannon smiled. " no come on." Cammie then looked around. "Is this your top secret hide out." Shannon nodded. "Yea thanks to the science club which means my buddies don't even know it exits." Cammie looked at Shannon with a sad look in her eyes. " you pretty much have the school wired don't you Shan. It seems like everyone at school wants to be your friend." Shannon chuckeld. "Yea unless we lose." Cammie frowned. "I guess it's pretty tricky being the coaches daughter." Shannon shrugged. "It makes me practice a little harder I guess. I don't know what he's gonna say when he finds out about the singing thing." Cammie looked over. "You worried." Shannon put on a small smile. "My parents friends are always saying your daughters the basketball girl you must be so proud. Sometimes I don't want to be the basketball girl i just want to be a girl." Cammie walked over to a bench. " I saw the way you treated Bria at the audition the other day do your friends know that girl." Shannon chuckled. "To them i'm the playmaker." Cammie sat down. "Then they don't know enough about  you Shannon. At my old schools I was freaky math girl. It's cool just coming here and being anyone I want to be. When I was singing with you were just felt like a girl." Shannon turn towards Cammie. "You even looked like one too." Cammie laughed as Shannon walked over and sat down next to her. "Do you remember in kindergarten how you meet a kid And know nothing about them then 10 seconds later your playing like your best friends do you have to be anyone but yourself." Shannon nodded. "Yeah" Cammie spoke back up. " Singing with you felt like that." Shannon laughed lightly. "Well I never thought of singing that's for sure until you." Cammie laughed. " so you really want to do the callbacks." Shannon smiled. "hey just call me freaky call back girl." Cammie laughed. "You're a cool girl Shannon but not for the reasons your friends think. And thanks for showing me your top secret hiding place. Like kindergarten." Then the bell rang and they ran off to go rehearse with Bria.