First day

It was the first day back to East High. At the front of the school was Ally Hills. Shannon's best friend and teammate on the basketball team. The bus pulled up and Shannon walked out and the whole team went to greet their captain.

Shannon greeted everyone. "Hey guys happy new year." Ally threw her arm over Shannon's shoulder. "Yea it's gonna be a Wildcat new year because in two weeks we are going to the championships with you leading us to infinity and beyond." Then the whole team stared cheering. "What team? Wildcats!"

Then inside the school the most powerful couple in the school Vanessa and Shay were on their phones walking thourgh the school and then they walked between the rows that the basket ball team created and they all mockingly shivered. One of the team members spoke up. "The ice princess has returned from the North Pole." Then Ally spoke up. "She probably spent the holidays the way she always does." Another team member spoke up. "How's that?" Ally then smirked "shopping for mirrors." The whole team oohed and walked on. Then Stevie was standing there with the rest of the team of brainiacs and she looked after them. "Behold the zoo animals herding the new year. How tribal." The bell rang and everyone headed to homeroom.

Coming from the office was Cammie with her mother. She was just starting at the school. "Mom my stomach......" Sandy spoke up. "Is always nervous on the first day at a new school. You'll do great you always do. And I made my company promise that I can't be transferred again until you graduate." The principal spoke up. "I reviewed your impressive transcripts I expect your light will shine very brightly at East high." Cammie whined. "I don't want to be the school's freak genius girl again." Sandy hugged her then pulled back. "Just be Camden." Then Cammie walked into the school after saying goodbye to her mom.

Then in homeroom everyone was catching up and Shannon was talking to a friend and when Cammie walked by Shannon saw her but wasn't sure so she kept staring. Then the bell rang but Shannon was still looking. "I'm sure you all had splendid holidays. Check the lobby for sign up sheets for new activities Ms. Beveridge." That's when Shannon sat down. "Especially our winter musicale there will be sign ups for individual auditions and pairs auditions for our two leads." Ally tapped Shannon's shoulder and Shannon turned around. "Are you ok?" Shannon nodded back. Then after Ally made a noise and thumbed down the musical Ms. Chambers walked by. "Miss Hills this is a place of learning not a hockey arena." Then she walked away and continued speaking. "There are also signups for our Scholastic Decathlon competition. Chem club president Stevie Bobei can answer all your questions about that." Shannon then pulled put her cell phone and called Cammie's number and her phone stared ringing. Then Ms. Chambers spoke up. " Ah the cell phone menace has returned to our crucible of learning." Vanessa and Shay were checking their phones because who wouldn't be calling them. Ms. Chambers walked by. "Vanessa and Shay cell phones and I will see you in detention." She walked on over to Cammie. "We have zero tolerance for cell phones in class so we will get to know each other in detention. Cell phone." She held the bucket out to Cammie. Then she walked on. "And welcome to East High Miss Scott." Then she spotted Shannon's phone in her hand. "Ms.Beveridge I see your phone is involved so we'll see you in detention." Then Ally spoke up. " That's not even a possibility Ms. Chambers your honor. See because we have basketball practice and Shan......" Ms. Chambers cut her off. "That will be fifteen minutes for you Ms. Hills count em." A frown appeared on Ally's face. "That'
could be tough for Ally since she probably couldn't count that high." Ms. Chambers spoke up. "Stevie Bobei fifteen minutes." She slammed down the bucket. "Shall the carnage continue. Holidays are over people way over. So anymore comments, questions?" A team player raised their hand. Ms. Chambers nodded her head. "So how were your holidays Ms. Chambers?" The whole class groaned. Then the bell rang and everyone walked out and then Shannon stood outside and waited for Cammie to walk out. When she did Shannon went to stop her. "Hey." Shannon said in suprise. Cammie smiled when she saw her. "I don't..." Cammie started the Shannon finished it "believe it." Then Cammie spoke again "well me....." Then Shannon finished it again. "Either. But how?" Cammie spoke up. "Well my mom's company transferred her here to Albuquerque. I can't believe you live here. I looked for you at the lodge on New years day but..." Then Shannon whispered. "We had to leave first thing." Cammie chuckled. "Why are you whispering?" Shannon was still whispering. "What?" Then she went back to her normal voice while walking with Cammie. "Oh my friends know about the snowboarding. I haven't quite told them about the singing thing." Cammie smirked. "Too much for them to handle?" Shannon shook her head. "No it was cool. But my friends it's not what I do. That was like a different person." Then Cammie walked down another hall then Shannon followed. "So anyway. Welcome to East High." Then Shannon so the sign up sheet for the musical then gestured to it. "Now that you met Ms. Chambers I bet you just can't wait to sign up for that." Cammie laughed. "I won't be signing up for anything until I get to know the school. But if you signed up I'd consider coming to the show." Shannon smiled. "Yeah that's impossible." Then Vanessa appeared around the corner. "What's impossible Shannon. I wouldn't think the word was in your vocabulary. Oh so nice of you to show our new classmate around." Then Vanessa signed her name all over the pairs auditions the faked shock and then asked. "Oh were you going to sign up too. My girlfriend and I have starred and all the school productions and we always welcome new comers. They are a lot of supporting roles in a show I'm sure we could find a spot for you." Cammie shook her head. "No I was just looking at all the bulletin boards. A lots going on wow." Cammie started to walk away. "Nice Penmanship." She spoke to Vanessa then smiled at Shannon and walked away. Then Vanessa walked towards Shannon. " So Shan. I missed you during vacation what did you do." Shannon looked at her. "Oh you know basketball, snowboarding, more basketball." Vanessa acted like she was interested. "When's the big game?" Shannon sighed. "Two weeks." Vanessa continued smiling. "Your so dedicated just like me." Ness laughed. "Hope you'll come watch me in the musical promise." Shannon nodded. "Toddles." Vanessa said as Shannon walked away. Later on Shannon was in the gym talking to Ally while Ally was warming up. "So Al you know the musical thing. Is it true you get extra credit just for auditioning." Ally looked up at Shannon. "Who cares?" Shannon spoke. "You know it's always good to get extra credit." Ally then asked. "Do you think Shaq or LeBron James auditioned for their school musical?" Shannon smirked. "Maybe. You never know." Ally rolled her eyes. "Shan. Look the music in those shows isin't hip hop ok or rock or anything essential to culture. It's like show music it's all costumes and make up. 0h dude it's frightening." Shannon smiled " I know. I just thought it would be a good laugh. You know Vanessa's kinda cute too." Ally grabbed the ball. "Yeah so is a mountain lion. But you don't pet it." Shannon frowned then announced. "OK Wildcats pair up. Let's go come on." They all started dribbling in a rythmatic pace.