The Psychiatrist

Chapter 5

A man walked into the room where Bucky was. He was tall with dark hair and a pair of glasses that framed his face.

"Hello, Mr Barnes." He greeted in an accented voice. "I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you and then Miss Rogers. Do you mind if I sit?" Bucky didn't move so he took a seat at the table that was already in the room. He was holding a brief case and he put it down on the table. "Your first name is James?" Again he got no reply. "I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions."

"If you don't cooperate in some way, they'll throw us both in a Wakandan prison and we'll both be dead." Abi said in Bucky's head.

"What am I meant to say?" He replied.

"Whatever you feel comfortable with." She told him.

"Do you know where you are, James?" The doctor asked. Abi was paying too much attention to Bucky to realise his intentions. "I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James."

"My name is Bucky." Bucky finally said in a raspy voice.

The doctor made some notes. "Tell me, Bucky. You've seen a great deal, haven't you?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." Bucky stated.

"You fear that if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop." The doctor replied.

Abi glanced inside his head and froze. She pushed all her powers against the re-enforced glass of her cell. She started to punch it and her knuckles became bloody. Ross noticed and sent down a load of Agents. Steve noticed and began to look more intently at the screen.

"Don't worry, we only have to talk about one." As the words left the doctors lips an EMP went off and fried all the electricals in the city.

"Don't listen to him!" Abi warned Bucky as she hit the glass again. It was only just beginning to crack. Tony had made a good attempt but it wouldn't keep her forever.

"What the hell is this?" Bucky asked.

"Why don't we discuss your home. Not Romania. Certainly not Brooklyn, no. I mean your real home." The doctor said as he pulled out a battered old red book with a black star on the front.

Abi and Bucky both froze. She felt Bucky's fear as she hit the glass harder.

The doctor began to read the words. "желание."

Longing; the longing for another place in time. Abi knew every word and their meaning off by heart.

"No." Escaped Bucky's lips as he slammed his head back and closed his eyes.

"Stay with me." Abi said. He focused on her voice.

"ржаветь." Came the second.

Rusted; not the metal of his arm but the parts of his mind.

"Stop." Bucky muttered in a strained voice.

"Stay with me!" Abi said with more urgency. He clung to the thought of her. He couldn't lose his sight on her again.

"семнадцать."

Seventeen; the girl who he once took dancing before they corrupted her as well and the year of his birth.

Bucky's arm began to fight the restraint which no longer held an electrical current.

"Stop!" Bucky's voice became harsher.

Abi continued attacking the glass as cracks began to radiated across it.

"рассвет."

Daybreak; all he knew was the cold heart of winter not the warmth of the sun.

Bucky started to scream as he began to lose his grip on his mind. He broke out his metal arm and used it to rip off the restraints on the other.

"Bucky!" Abi screamed as she hit the glass harder. Her knuckles were past smashed and her eyes were glowing.

"печь."

Furnace; the fires of war in which he was forged.

Bucky began to try and smash the door. His actions mirroring Abi's.

"девять."

Nine; the ninth circle of hell and another piece of his birth.

"Bucky! Please!" Abi almost begged as she felt him slipping.

"доброкачественный."

Benign; the kindness they took and turned into cruelty.

Bucky began to splinter the glass.

"возвращение на родину."

Homecoming; the chaos, death and destruction he now called home.

"один."

One; loneliness and the last part of his birth.

Abi and Bucky both smashed through and fell to their knees as the doctor uttered the last word.

"грузовой автомобиль."

Freight car; where it all began with the fall.

Abi stayed where she was on the floor shaking. "Bucky?" She whispered both aloud and in his head. But he wasn't there. He had once again been ripped away.