Reconnecting

That night I stayed up, thinking about why, why would someone do something so cruel to another human being.

"I just don't understand it, I'm human I make mistakes, I don't deserve this torture, this pain."

The next day I went to school, I was sleep deprived, and I knew that the picture had been sent to everyone at the school. I walked in scared to see how the students would treat me. I was a nervous wreck. But surprisingly when I walked in no one laughed, no one pointed, no one told me I was a whore and a slut. Everything seemed normal. It was like that the entire day. That night after school I decided to try and reconnect with my old friends to try and explain everything for the first time since they ignored me. First I called Jamie, she actually picked up the phone.

She started the conversation off with "Hello?" and I continued the conversation with "Hey, I really wanted to explain what happened with the picture that you got of me."

"I already know everything that I need to know about that picture."

"But you don't there is more behind that picture then you think there is, he seemed really nice the first night that i met him."

Jamie was silent waiting for me to continue the explanation

"Then the next night he said that he wanted to video chat with me again and I agreed, and it was a stupid idea because halfway through he pulled out something that made me regret my decisions ."

Jamie finally answered back saying "and let me guess you flashed him because you were stupid he took a screenshot of you flashing him and he sent it to the entire school."

"That was kind of how it went, but he begged me to flash him, and I caved, I regret it all, if I could take it all back I would, at first nothing happened but then one night he texted me saying that if I don't send more nudes he would send the picture to everyone at the school, and I didn't believe him."

Jamie didn't reply, she stayed silent, but I knew she was there because I could hear faint breathing in the phone.

"I just wanted to tell you the whole story, I felt that you deserved to know the whole story." then I hung up the phone.

The next person I called was Bryce, he was much more understanding. I told him the same story as Jaime. He felt terrible for ignoring me.

I told him that I missed the school, and my friends, and well everything, I missed having a normal life. A tear rolled down my cheek, memories of the past flashed in my head. The time when we went to the football game and went into the nature trail at 8:00 pm when it was super dark and we got scared by stupid kids or the time when we all went to Jamie's house and watched horror movies until 4:00 am. I miss the little things in life that I don't have anymore, the things that I miss more than anything, I want those little things back, I want to go back in time and never even think about online dating.. But I can never do that. Tears were rolling down my cheeks one after another at this point.

I told Bryce that I had to go, then I hung up. I felt somewhat bad for hanging up on him but I couldn't talk to him anymore for the fear that more memories would flash in my head. I couldn't deal with the pain of knowing that the people that used to be my best friends are mere acquaintances. That the bond we all once shared was gone. The tears kept streaming down my face, and as it seemed like things couldn't get any worse, I got a text message. It was from him.

It said " I have decided to give you another chance to send me what I want, you have until 12:00 am to get them to me, DO NOT respond to this message, if you decide to send them just do it , if not then the picture will be sent to everyone at your new school."

I've been through so much already, I don't think I can take it anymore. But I wasn't going to give in to his blackmail. I was going to handle this situation another way.