Chapter six: "Gotta let you know."

Wendy's (POV)

That night after the monster incident, I laid there in my bed wide awake. It was at least one thirty at night. As I laid there, I couldn't get the words Dipper spoke to me about how I meant so much to him out of my head. It really got me thinking, 'Did I always mean this much to him?' I got out my phone and scrolled down my names list until I found Dipper's. I just needed to talk to him.

Dipper's (POV)

*RING* *RING* *RING*

I was awoken by the sound of my phone. I picked it up, and saw Wendy was calling me. I yawned and answered my phone.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Dipper, it's me, Wendy. Listen, I'm sorry to wake you up but I really need to talk to you." She sounded worried when she said all this. I wonder why?

"Talk to me about what, Wendy?" I asked her. There was a moment of silence before she spoke up again.

"About us..." she said to me, almost like a whisper. I sighed and spoke up again.

"Okay, do you want me to come over, Or do you want to come here?" I asked her.

"No, I was hoping we could talk in the woods. You know, somewhere in private." She told me.

"Okay, meet me at the bunker by the log." I said to her. I could have sworn I heard her gasp when I mentioned the bunker. But I pressed on.

"You understand Wendy?" I asked her.

"Y... yes... I do." She said to me. My heart sank a bit when I heard the fear in her voice. But I didn't back down. I wiped my face with my hand and spoke up again.

"Alright, I'll meet you there in a few minutes." I said to her.

"Okay. I'll see you then." She said back. I smiled and hanged up. I got out of bed and got dressed. When I was done, I went down the stairs, and out the door. I had my phone on me in case I needed it.

Wendy's (POV)

After I hanged up, I got out of my bed, got dressed, and went to see Dipper. As I walked in the woods to the bunker, I was scared. I haven't been near the bunker in three years. The memory of the shape-shifter, still haunts me. I wasn't sure why Dipper wanted to meet there, but if I know Dipper, he always has a reason. When I finally got to the bunker, I saw Dipper there sitting on the log. Where I first rejected him... I put on a brave face, and went to him.

"Hey Dipper." I spoke up. He looked at me and got up from the log.

"Hey Wendy. I'm sorry I had us meet here, but I felt like it was far away from the others so they wouldn't bother us." He said to me. I thought about for a second and realized that he was right. I nodded, and we both went to sit down on the log.

"Ah, so this is where it all began, huh Wendy?" He asked me. I nodded, and spoke up.

"Listen Dipper, I asked you out here because I really need to talk to you about today. What you said about me being your best friend, really got me thinking. And I gotta know, did I always mean this much to you?" I asked him. He sighed and spoke up.

"Yes Wendy. You always did mean so much to me. You were my first real friend, and you saw me for me, and not some freak with a Big Dipper birth mark on his head." He told me.

"Even..." I paused.

"Even after I broke your heart, you still cared that much for me?" I finished. He nodded and I had an urge to hug him. But it felt like Dipper was reading my mind, or thinking the same thing, and he hugged me first. I blushed and hugged him back.

"Dipper, I'm so sorry for breaking your heart all those years ago. But that's the other thing I wanted to talk to you about." He stopped hugging me, and looked in my eyes. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was close to tears. It only made it harder for me to tell me my feelings.

"What do you mean Wendy?" He asked me. I gulped nervously, and I grabbed his hand. I pulled him close to me, and I kissed his cheek. He blushed, and just by the little action that I did, he understood what I was trying to say. I know I kissed his cheek before, but I made sure this one had more meaning to it.

"Oh.." That's all he could say... I pulled away from him, and looked down at the ground. He lifted my chin with his index finger, and looked me on the eyes. I blushed and tried to turn away, but I couldn't. But what happened next shocked me. He leaned close to me and kissed my lips. I blushed deeply but kissed back. When I kissed him, it felt like time stood still. When we pulled apart, I looked into his eyes and all I saw was a love struck face. I lingered for a second before I spoke up.

"I'll take it that you feel the same?" I asked him. He silenced me with another peck and spoke up.

"I never stopped loving you, Wendy, and I always will..." He whispered to me. I kissed his nose and spoke up again.

"I love you too, Dipper." I whispered back. He hugged me again, and I held him back.

"I'm sorry Dipper." I said to him.

"Why?" He asked.

"I've always kinda liked you, but when I saw you again for the first time just a few days ago, I realized that I was in love with you. And I wanted to tell you, but I thought that you were over me, or didn't want to date me after I broke your heart." I held him tighter trying to avoid tears. Dipper saw this, and held me closer to him.

"Wendy, I never stopped loving you, you don't have to be afraid. I'm here now." He said to me. Finally I let my tears flow, and Dipper wiped every single one away. But more kept coming. Dipper kissed my tears away, and held me tighter.

"Don't cry Wendy, I love you." He whispered to me.

"I love you too, that's why I'm crying." I whispered back.

"Why?" He asked.

"What will happen to us, when you go home after the Summer?" I choked. He shook his head and spoke up.

"I am home, Wendy. Me and Mabel are staying here now. My parents are going to move here in Fall. They already bought a house, and they said after the Summer, we will be living here." He smiled at me. I gave a sigh of relief and hugged him again.

"Don't worry Wendy, I'm not going anywhere. I'm here now." He told me. I smiled in his arms, and held him tighter to me.

"I love you, Dipper." I said smiling.

"I love you too, Wendy." He smiled back. He then looked at his phone, and saw that it was getting late.

"Why don't I walk you home, Wendy?" He asked. I nodded and he walked me home, holding my hand. Once we got to my house, he kissed me goodnight, and went home. I smiled and waved at him, before going inside. When I got back up to my room, I saw that it was three o'clock at night. I yawned and laid down in my bed. As soon as I laid down, I was out like a light. And of course, I dreamed of Dipper.

Author's note:

Hope you enjoyed the long chapter!

Don't forget to vote and comment!