The Northern Valley

Carlos made his way out of Auradon City without being noticed. As he climbed the mountains to the north the blue box in his pocket started going off signaling that Evie was trying to locate him. He continued to climb and when he reached the top he smiled as it was still there. Eli's castle stood tall in the valley ahead of him.

* * *

Mal called Ben and they both went to check the city surveillance system while Jay and Evie checked his dorm.

"Hey what was that!" Mal said pointing get to a shape on the monitor. Ben paused the feed and zoomed in on the figure. Even on the black and white still, the could both tell it was Carlos, and he was heading for the mountains.

Evie and Jay both found that all of Carlos's warm clothing was missing and reached the conclusion that he went somewhere cold. When they met up again they all agreed that they would leave at once to retrieve him.

Two hours later they were all at the base of the mountain.

"OK who's going up first?" Evie asked.

"You know what they say, Fairest go first." Jay smiled, Evie just looked over at him unamused.

"Fine then, stand back-Chicken." She said, the words hitting Jay straight in the ego.

"Oh no! You did not just call me chicken!"

"Yes I did because that's what you are."

"I'll show you who's chicken!" Jay snapped heading up the mountain, Evie smiled as she watched Jay struggle through the snow. She turned to Ben and Mal.

"And that's how it's done." She laughs before following Jay.

* * *

Carlos walked into the balcony room and placed the urn on the center of the giant snow flake. Just as the urn touched the ground the snowflake started to glow. Carlos quickly picked up the urn and the glowing stopped. Slowly he placed it back down and watched in wonder as the glowing spread to the rest of the dark castle. To him it seemed as if the walls were coming back to life. He looked around in amazement.

* * *

When they reached the top the sun had just set and they were plunged into darkness.

"I can't see a thing!" Evie exclaims

"Wait did you see that!" Jay yelled. They all looked into the darkness when suddenly a burst of light appeared in the distance and spread outwards and they were amazed to see that the Ice Castle Eli had built was still standing.

"It must still be frozen by his magic!" Evie exclaims.

"Well now we know he's here." Ben replied

They all set out for the castle. Each of them grew silent as the wind whistled around the tall towers. Mal couldn't help but feel like something was off. Pushing open the great doors they walk inside the walls glowing with magic. The headed upstairs to the Balcony room and saw Carlos sitting on the floor by the urn. Just then Mal realized what was happening.

"Carlos!" Evie yelled his head spun around and he jumped up.

"What are you doing here! I told you not to follow me!"

"Carlos there's something I need to say. It's about Eli." Mal said calmly, everyone turned to look at her.

"What?"

"He's not gone."

"What? How do you know?"

"Think about it! What happened when my mother got killed?"

"All her magic vanished."

"Ursula?"

"All the souls she trapped got free."

"Eli."

"Everything unfroze."

"Then how are we in his castle if his magic shouldn't exist?" Everyone went silent as the realization sunk in.

Eli wasn't dead, he was only cursed. He was trapped in the form of water.