THREE | THE SUN ALSO RISES

Come on you hurt me, you never fight back
Why don't you play with bows and arrows?
Why don't you dance like you're sick in your mind?
Why don't you set your wings on fire?
Glass Animals / Cocoa Hooves.

Ansley Hollindale moodboard

The wedding anthem played out loudly

The wedding anthem played out loudly. Lolita felt it was the only thing louder then her heart beat as she began to walk down the isle and make her wedding day debut.

Most brides on their wedding day wouldn't be able to wipe a happy blushing smile off their face as they stared up the isle into the love of their lives eyes. Them smiling back and not even noticing the other eyes at the ceremony. So in love they would only see each other. Lolita's wedding jitters were not the same. Her thoughts were more in the ball park of if she ran away right then and there would she trip on her ball gown and land on her face doomed to hear the stirs and lurkers of confused and curious guests.

Lolita walked slowly down her center stage, trying to stare ahead and keep her balance. She noted that she didn't recognize a single guest on her special day. A day she should spend with her friends and family, happily surrounded by her loved ones. Instead with nameless strangers.

Lolita decided not to run considering she could barely get her feet to walk the isle. She felt faint as if she may pass out but her body never seemed to wobble even though her head was spinning.

The wedding isle felt so long she thought it had been hours before she finally reached her priest and groom. Ronan had a false smile masterfully hiding his intense dislike for his bride and his disappointment in the union. Pretending as if though he's a man in love in front of god and everyone in the room.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to join Lolita Smith and Ronan Cartridge in matrimony commended to be honorable among all." The priest began once Lolita had gained her footing in front of her husband to be. Barely even noticing the priest between them. She looked up at the smile on Ronan's face gripping her fingers around her bouquet till her knuckles turned white and bloodless. She looked at him with bug eyes like a dear in the head lights.

"And therefore is not to be entered into lightly but reverently, passionately, lovingly and solemnly." Lolita peaked out from under her veil to glance at the sea of people that had come out to see her special day. Ronan kept his eyes on the ceremony.

"Into this, these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together. let them speak now or forever hold their peace." Lolita's eyes widened as the words escaped the priests thin lips. She had thought that was only something people said in movies but knowing Bianca she'd probably had it added in for the sake of embarrassing Lolita. Before Lolita could whip her head around at the priest she caught sight of Mr. Edward Cartridge the father of Ronan. He was trying to quietly make his way into the ceremony and to his seat next to his wife. Lolita's heart dropped wishing one of them would object to the union but neither did. They wrapped their hands together with polite smiles on their mouths as if they were a normal couple at their sons wedding.