FOUR | A SERIES OF FORTUNATE EVENTS

"When the beat of my drum
Meets the beat of your heart
You know I couldn't love any other, any other
This is where I come from
This is where I belong,
With the beat of your drum
Not any other." / Young The Giant Crystallized.

" / Young The Giant Crystallized

"So my eyes don't deceive me." Cressida narrowed her eyes as she caught sight of Ansley Hollindale. She had seen her run off so abruptly and searched for her. Searched for answers for so long. Cressida's heart thundered against her chest now that she was face to face with her. Finally able to catch the mysterious face after so long. She cornered Ansley to a balcony atop the fifth floor of the Reynolds estate. The Italian architecture made their heels clack as they hit stone steps. A sneaky entrance would have been impossible but luckily Cressida had her cornered.

"Hello Praya, or should I say Ansley Hallandale?" Cressida prodded but Ansley's reaction seemed unshaped.

"Hello Cressida. So nice to finally meet you." Ansley smiled slightly. She didn't look nervous, or caught red handed. She seemed completely put together and not even phased by Cressida calling her out. "I've been meaning to introduce myself but now is not the time. You should go."

"We've already met remember. You drugged me. I should have you arrested, you bitch." Cressida spat annoyed Ansley was blowing her off when she had so many questions to ask.

"I really am sorry about that." Ansley laughed casually. "Truly but you'll thank me. Trust me."

"Thank you?" Cressida was baffled by Ansley's attitude. "Trust you?"

"For anointing you the chosen one of course." Ansley chuckled as her beautiful blonde hair swept over her grinning mouth thanks to a slight breeze.

"Excuse me?" Cressida was confused and growing annoyed with Ansley.

"I'm leaving Carlisle. If you haven't realized by now I run this place And if you haven't noticed you will." Ansley leaned against the balcony as if she was bored with the conversation. "I needed someone to take my place at the top of the food chain who better then Cressida Leopoldo. The pretty little thing fresh out of the big Apple. I've given you quite an edge in a new town. That night we spent together I taught you everything you need to know about every player on this stage."

"Please even if I wanted to be the next Queen Bitch of the North, it's not like I can remember what you told me. You drugged me remember? I don't remember a thing from when I was doped out of my mind.."

"It'll come back to you soon enough. The smallest trigger will bring everything back." Ansley looked around anxiously. "You really need to get out of here though."

"Why?" Cressida cocked a brow not moving from her interrogating stance.

"Because I'm expecting someone and if I'm not alone they'll be.. a bit upset." Ansley admitted.